cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Header data values in BPS Mannual Planning layout.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a manual planning layout in BPS ,where i have one characteristic in header data-Values of this characteristic is restricted in planning level.

Now When user executes this planning layout ,he is able to key in values only for first value in selection criteria,as it is not input ready and neither drop down is available.

For example:

In my planning layout I have version in header data,version values F01,F02,F03 is restricted in planning level which means user can plan for these three restricted versions.

When user execute the layout it's only version F01 is visible to user,rest of the version's are not available for planning means it's not input ready neither selection options are available for version.

So now if user wants to plan for version F02,he cann't as version is not input ready,neither it has value f02.It is picking up first value of planning level as default.

Is there any setting which I can check to revoke input ready from that cell of version or I'm missing something ....

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member5472
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need some more info so that i can answer your question properly :

1.Do you have a planning profile set which restricts the variable value

2. how manual layout is executed ? Is is through Planning folders or WIB?

3.How you are restricting the values of char Version ?

Thanks

Pratyush

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's not restricted by variable,it's values are dierctly restricted in Planning level.

It's been executed through WIB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This behaviour is quite normal.. As version is restricted to multiple values and is placed in header, you see layout for first value of version which is input ready. There will be an icon in the layout excel (in bps0) when you execute, which says go to next header value, which opens the layout with second version. So user has to plan for first version, click that icon, plan for second version and so on.. The reason for this is, if the layout opens for all the 3 versions together (aggregated data), it can't be input ready.. Note that, even though only one version data is shown at first glance, all the 3 versions data will be locked at the background. For such instances, you need to restrict version with fixed value variable (which has these 3 values) and make the variable ready for input. So when you execute the layout, variable popup will come, you can choose one version and plan. Instead, If you keep version in lead column, you see all the 3 versions at a single glance as 3 rows with input readiness.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member5472
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Ok. Then can you check if system in behaving the same way for any other characteristics ?

I mean other than 0version ?

Thanks

Pratyush