cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling child window with parent session

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

In my bsp application there is a child window with in parent.While i logoff from the parent window i want the child to be closed along with it.How can i do it?

Users is maintained in "z"table for the this application.

Thanks & Regards

Sujith

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujith

How are you opening your child window from the parent window? If you are using window.open method, You cant close the child window from the parent window.

Soln 1: Use window.showModelessDialog("URL"[,args, "list"]) or showModalDialog("URL"[, args, "list"]) method to open your child window from the parent window. While closing the parent window, the child window will also close.

Soln 2: Or else, You can close all the sessions of the application. This will close all the open windows by the application. To do this,

i) Open the system application 'SYSTEM' and copy 'session_single_frame.htm' to your application.

ii) Change the target_page attribute's value to your application starting html page name in 'session_single_frame.htm'.

iii) Activate and run session_single_frame.htm. The page will open your application and will handle all the session log offs and window closing.

Get back if you have any doubt.

Hope it helps ;>)

Regards,

Rakesh.

Message was edited by: Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujith

The second method will not close the child window. It will close all the sessions of the application. Sorry for the inconvinience.

Regards,

Rakesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

I am using a button in child window,Child window is opened like this

var win = window.showModelessDialog("dept_cust.htm","CUST_DEPT","width=540, height=500, resizable=yes, scrollbars=yes");

Now the problem is if I click on the button it will open another window.I dont want this to happen.How can I solve this problem?

Thanks & Regards

Sujith

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujith

I tested what you said. It triggers a new window for any htmlb event in bsp elements. It works fine only for html tags. I ll get back to you when i find a solution. The solution what Athavan Raja suggested works fine with window.open().

Regards

Rakesh ;>)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos