Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add field to E-Recruitment Candidate Profile / Personal Data Screen

Shane_LaBonte
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a very specific requirement. I need to display a date field from date spec infotype in e-recruitment. The date type will vary depending on the internal candidate's personnel subarea. This field needs to be visible to both the candidate and the recruiter, but uneditable.

How can I achieve this? What is the best approach? I was thinking about adding it to the Personal Data in the Candidate Profile.

Thanks in advance

Shane

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Ramprabhu_Sukum
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HI Shane,

As many suggested you are free to do any thing in Custom smartform. Inside the custome smartform you will have all the

information about the candidate through the interface like candidate name,user id etc.. You can than fetch the date specification

via 'Global definitions' ->Initialization .

Important thing to be noted here is that you cannot change the smartform interface.

Regards,

Ram

Ramprabhu_Sukum
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Shane,

I think i know you in one of the OSS message that i am currently handling. Current me if i am wrong.

Where you want to display the date ? in candidate profile?

Regards,

Ram

Shane_LaBonte
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Yes. I'm the same guy

I am looking into putting the data into the overview the way Aqeel suggests.

How would I go about putting it into the Candidate Profile? I am not sure which is the better place for the information, but I like the idea of the Candidate Profile as well.

Thanks

Shane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Table T77RCF_PRMC_PL is the one which comes with the standard SAP entries and should be changed. When you create your won entries or want to change the SAP entries through V77RCF_MDL_PRMC, the system then updates table T77RCF_MDL_PRMC. While displaying entries, the system first checks in the "C" table. If there are not entries, then it displays from the standard table. There is no need to worry about the table because if you through SPRO, the system updates the correct tables automatically.

What you have to worry about if you need to go to the table direct;y is V77RCF_PRMC_PL or V77RCF_MDL_PRMC. These are diffirent tables for recruiters and for candidates so you have to make sure you update the correct one otherwise the results wont come depending on whome you want to be able to display the new form - i.e. recruiter only or with candidate as well. If you configure for candidate as well then be sure to check SF_VIEW_AWZD or SF_VIEW_CAND as required.

For showing in the candidate profile, this requires an enhancment to component ERC_C_CAND_OVERVIEW_UI view V_DAT_OVER_VIEW then you can add the new field maybe under PROFILE SUMMARY. What Roman was suggesting was that it is easier through smartform as you have much freedom to easily do what you want.

Regards,

Shane_LaBonte
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Yes. I'm the same guy

I am looking into putting the data into the overview the way Aqeel suggests.

How would I go about putting it into the Candidate Profile? I am not sure which is the better place for the information, but I like the idea of the Candidate Profile as well.

Thanks

Shane

Shane_LaBonte
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi tmusungwa,

I am slightly confused. I would like to customize the Candidate Profile that the recruiter can access from the SAP Portal.

As far as I can tell, this is a web dynpro application: ERC_A_CAND_OVERVIEW

It is not the smartform HRRCF_CANDIDATE_PREVIEW that others have suggested.

Am I incorrect here? Do I need to enhance ERC_A_CAND_OVERVIEW somehow? Or is there a smartform that I am missing?

Thanks

Shane

Shane_LaBonte
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This question is still outstanding. Any ideas?

vtgopalraj
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shane,

Infotype HRP5102 would be an option to consider to be enhanced to include a custom field for Date specifications. And if you are working on BSP's, HRRCF_PROFILE (bsp relevant to Candidate Data Overview) could be modified to include the custom field to be displayed.

Hope this information helps.

Best regards

G Raj

Shane_LaBonte
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi G Raj,

Where is the data saved via the Candidate Profile actually found. I can see a record created in HRP5102, but where is the information (ie. First Name, Last Name, Gender, etc?).

Thanks

Shane

Shane_LaBonte
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This question still outstanding. Any experts with ideas for me?

Thanks

alsadah
Participant
0 Kudos

First Name, Last Name, and Gender are not saved in HRP5102, they are saved in the Business Partner (BP) object associated with the candidate

You can access this via transaction code BP

To get the business partner object of a candidate you need to navigate through the following relations in HRP1001:

Candidate (NA) >> Central Person (CP)

Central Person (CP) >> Business Partner (BP)

By the way, which version of e-Recruiting System you are running?

Shane_LaBonte
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aqeel,

Thanks for the reply. We are using E-REC 604 in an integrated scenario with the SAP Portal (therefore, WebDynPro technology). Your info helps me, but brings me back to my original question:

I need to display a date field from date spec infotype in e-recruitment. The date type will vary depending on the internal candidate's personnel subarea. This field needs to be visible to both the candidate and the recruiter, but uneditable.

How can I achieve this? What is the best approach?

Where is the best place to add this add this information so it can be accessible, and how do I go about adding it?

Thanks in advance.

Shane

romanweise
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Shane,

if you only want to display the field I'd first try to put it on the data overview (candidate, application, ...). As the smartform for the data overview is a complete customer development you have the biggest freedom in your enhancement and not much trouble.

Kind Regards

Roman

Shane_LaBonte
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Roman,

When you refer to the data overview, are you referring to the web dynpro component: ERC_C_CAND_OVERVIEW_UI ? What is the best way to go about modifying this?

We are on E-REC 604, using the portal and web dynpro.

If I am incorrect, which data overview are you referring to?

Thanks

Shane

alsadah
Participant
0 Kudos

I agree with Roman to add your custom field to the data overview smartform instead of enhancing the webdynpro component.

The standard candidate data overview smartform is: HRRCF_CANDIDATE_PREVIEW

You can copy this to a completely custom Z smartform to add your fields and have the new smartform configured in the following configuration table: t77rcf_prmc_pl with parameter name "FORM_CAND_DOVR" and value is the name of your new smartform

I hope this will help...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Already posted.

Shane_LaBonte
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aqeel,

Thanks for the reply. Does this same strategy you suggest work if you are using WebDynpro?

I have no parameters stored in the table you mentioned (T77RCF_PRMC_PL), but I do have values in T77RCF_MDL_PRMC.

Any idea what the difference is between the two, and which one I should use?

Thanks

Shane

Shane_LaBonte
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi tmusungwa,

Thanks for the reply. Does this same strategy you suggest work if you are using WebDynpro?

Thanks

Shane

alsadah
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, it will wok with Webdynpro

The table T77RCF_PRMC_PL is for customer smartforms, this is where you should insert a record for your new custom smartform, the record will not be there by default, you have to insert it via table maintenance sm30

The default standard smartform is fetched from table T77RCF_PRM_PL for standard smartforms, entry with parameter name FORM_CAND_DOVR

So you have to create an entry in the customer smartforms table T77RCF_PRMC_PL with similar parameter name but with the name of your new custom smartform in the value field...

The logic works like this: it will try to find an entry in the customer table first (T77RCF_PRMC_PL), if it cannot find an entry with parameter name FORM_CAND_DOVR, it will go to the standard table (T77RCF_PRM_PL) where the entry exists by default.

To look into the logic more closely please go to the following method:

cl_hrrcf_dataoverview_pl

method: get_cand_dovr

Inside the above method, the logic is implemented inside the following method call:

CALL METHOD cl_hrrcf_t77rcf_prm_pl=>read_record
        EXPORTING
          iv_prm           = 'FORM_CAND_DOVR'
        IMPORTING
          es_t77rcf_prm_pl = ls_prm.
      lv_cand_dovr_form = ls_prm-value.

I hope I made things more clear...

Shane_LaBonte
Active Participant
0 Kudos

This question still outstanding. Any experts with ideas for me?

Thanks