cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Transactions as Journal Voucher from Excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Customer would like to import transactions into Journal Voucher from Excel using the Administration > Data Import > Import Transactions from SAP Business One option. Please note that customer does not want to use DTW for data import.

Is there any documentation which I can refer to for importing transactions into JV in B1? Please provide the link if any.

Thanks and regards,

Priscilla

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member206488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

You can import JV using DTW only.

System import function support only BP and items.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priscilla,

The import transactions does work, but the Journal Voucher option is not available, only the journal entry.

To find the correct format, I would suggest exporting one of the trasnactions you require - it will create a text file. OPen the text file with Excel & you should be able to work out the required data & format to enable you to create an import file.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has anyone tried using Import Transactions from SAP Business One in order to accomplish this? I tried this and it appears to work perfectly. I would love to get feedback from the experts to know if they see any potential pitfalls. (I am using 8.82 by the way.)

Here is what I did:

• Exported a sample Journal Entry using Export Transactions to SAP Business One
  • Opened the exported TXT file in Excel
    • Modified all occurrences of dates to match my import date
    • Modified TransID to 0 since this is automatically corrected upon import
    • Modified line item Accounts, Debits, Credits and Memos as necessary
    • Left all other repeating values alone, such as columns that just include 0, -1, or N for all lines
    • IMPORTANT NOTE: The first line is the Header information and should not be treated the same as the subsequent line items
  • Imported the revised TXT file using Import Transactions to SAP Business One
    • This imports the data as a Journal Voucher which you can edit or post
    • TransID is automatically set to the next number in sequence so you don't have to worry about looking it up

I can't find anyone else talking about this method which makes me worry that it might not be a good idea.

Thanks for any feedback.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is an Excel file for importing journal transaction directly from Excel :

http://e-tanit.blogspot.com/2012/07/journal-entries-in-sap-business-one.html

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ramzi ,

I tried the code so many times and every time there is a sign error in  this line :

If lRetCode <> 0 Then

sErrMsg = oCompany.GetLastErrorDescription

MsgBox sErrMsg & " - Ligne entete n°: " & j - 10, vbCritical, " ERREUR"

Worksheets("entete").Cells(j, 1).Font.Color = vbRed

can you help me  to understand why  i have msg error ?

Thanks in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

I would like your help in understanding the command  jouranl entries ... I can not understand what I'm doing wrong.

Attached File Absorption command,

Thanks in advance..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priscilla,

This import function only supports Item and BP import. It is not available for other documents.

Thanks,

Gordon