cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GUI VS WEB UI for ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

Is ECC still run on GUI environment ? the answer for this is 'yes' but I want to know for how long,

Will it go on for ever on GUI or SAP is trying to convert it into WEB UI.

Any one have some valuable inputs on this.

regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

@Markus,

Will the Business User be able to create Sales Orders and work with BI reports logging once, Is there Business Role Concept in ECC?

regards,

Murali

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Will the Business User be able to create Sales Orders and work with BI reports logging once, Is there Business Role Concept in ECC?

This is a classical application for a Portal environment where you log in once to the enterprise portal and use that "ticket" to connect to various backend systems.

However, I doubt that the business users will be happy working with a web based frontend in VA01 - it's much slower and not everything works as in the GUI (e. g. keyboard shortcuts).

Markus

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Will it go on for ever on GUI or SAP is trying to convert it into WEB UI.

What do you mean exactly by "Web UI"? You can already run the whole sapgui functionality in a web browser.

I doubt that this will change anytime soon, if you're working much with the system and with many modes in parallel any web frontend will just be too slow.

Markus

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Moved here from ABAP forums, as it is not ABAP related but rather a strategic question.

Thomas