cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error getting hierarchies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are trying to create a universe based on a connection to a multiprovider. However we are experiencing the folloing error:

Error getting hierarchies for dimension 0INFOPROV (Cube $ZBI_M02): Unknown error

Has anyone experienced this error before and successfully resolved it?

Thanks

Lachlan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lachlan,

you will probably be able to reproduce the error by running bapi_mdprovider_get_hierarchys on the bw system directly and specifying the cube in the parameters.

Try running the report RSR_REPAIR_INFOAREAHIER, as mentioned in the note 954673.

If this does not help, please open an OSS message at SAP (component BW-BEX-OT-MDX) and ask to send you the report ZZ_REPAIR_HIEDIR.

One of these should solve the error.

Regards,

Maxim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I'm facing the same error on a BW 7.31 SP9 with a BO 4.1 SP2. I've created both programs ZRSR_REPAIR_INFOAREAHIER andZZ_REPAIR_HIEDIR and executed them, as mentioned in SAP notes 954673 and 1530624 and the end of the execution of the first one it said "Error corrected" and if I executed again now it says "No errors", so I think the change has been applied. However, I'm still facing the same error in BO Universes and all other SAP notes I've found related to this issue say to update to higher SPs but all of them are previous versions of BW 7.31 SP09.

I've also tried executing bapi_mdprovider_get_hierarchys and it doesn't retrieve anygthing.

I've checked the hierarchies of 0INFOPROV and there are no hierarchies created. Is that correct or do I need to create them manuallly? In that case, which structure should they have?

Anyone has solved this issue or have any suggestion? Help would be very appreciated!!

Thank you and regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I remember such an error message and it was related to cubes not been activated.

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately we've reactivated all of the InfoCubes and the Multprovider and we're still getting the same error.

Cheers

Lachlan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - Could you pls. create a new universe with a new connection. As you have re-activated the cube.

Make sure that in new universe u must create a new connection.

thanks

A

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - We have tried that, we're still receiving the same error.

Cheers

Lachlan

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you trying to build a universe on a query or a cube ?

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

We are trying to build the universe on top of a multiprovider, I understood that this was possible.

Cheers

Lachlan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - so what i understand you are creating Query on the top of mulltiprovider and then creating a universe on the top of query ?

Is that correct ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - No that isn't correct. We're trying to create the Universe directly on top of the Multiprovider, no query is involved.

Incidentally we have succesfully created Universes on top of queries and directly on top of InfoCubes, the issue is with the Multiprovider.

Cheers

Lachlan

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

and you do realize that the recommendation is to build Universes on top of Queries and not on top of InfoProvider ?

Ingo