cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 7 - How to define Entry Channel for Multiple company codes scenario?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How we define the entry channel for multiple company codes scenario?

We have external requisitions created for multiple company codes in backend system and would like to transfer them to SRM for sourcing and bidding activities.

Which is the best workable option?

1. Do we need to define the entry channel with RFC_USER for each company code? or

2. Define just one entry channel under first company code with attribute BUK filled with all company codes? or

3. Define single entry channel above the company code with attribute BUK filled with all company codes?

Please advice!!

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member324993
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Define just one entry channel under first company code with attribute BUK filled with all company codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Yang,

I have defined the Local pur org and local pur grp above the company code. The local Pur Grp is responsible for Entry channel org unit as per the config doc..

The PR are transferred successfully from ECC with correct company code, but the Pur Org and Pur grp is incorrectly assigned.

The Pur Org and Pur Grp of the company code below which the entry channel is defined is assigned for all PRs that are transferred from ECC.

Where do we need to define the local Pur Org and local Pur Grp?

Do we need to assign other Pur Grp also responsible for procurement of Entry channel?

How does the system determines the Pur org and Pur Grp for the external PR transferred to SRM?

Please advice!

Sandeep

harishsarathy29
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my understanding, it is standard behaviour in SRM, PDP scenrio, when extenral requirments are brought into SRM.

you have to depend on the following BADI to assign the correct P.Org and the P.group.

BBP_DOC_CHANGE_BADI

In the BADI , make use of the RFC FM "BAPI_REQUISITION_GETDETAIL" to fetch the details of the PR and assign the P.org and group in the SC>

Hope this helps

Harish

Edited by: Harish Sarathy on May 25, 2010 3:04 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

How does the system determines the Pur org and Pur Grp for the external PR transferred to SRM?

Please advice!

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Harish,

That make sense... I did manage to find a old OSS Note 787426 - Mapping back-end purchasing group to SRM purchasing group, that talk about PDP limitation..

Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Can you just send me the structure of the organisational unit as in my case also I have around 50 company codes and 2 purchasing organisations who is responsible for procurement of all 50 company codes. one is central purchasing org who is responsible for procurement of HQ company code and decentralized purchasing org for rest all company codes.

so now my problem is how should i design my org structure.

I have two options for that as below

1- Root>HQ Company>Centralized Pur Org-->Centralized Pur Grp

In this scenario I am facing a problem, in case of decentralized PurOrg because I have only one purchasing org for arnd 49 company codes so i can not assign this purchasing org to all the company codes if i try this system stop me by raising an error that purchasing org is already assign to the company code.

2- Root>Centralized Pur Org>Centralized Pur Grp.

->Decentralized Pur Org>all diferent decentralized Pur Grps.

And I have assigned all company codes in the attribute BUK.

Can you please guide me which option should I use if it is first one then how can i design my org structure so that I can assign purchasing organization to my all company codes.

Thanks in Advance...Your early response will be highly appriciated.

Thanks & Regards,

SRM User

Answers (0)