14 Replies Latest reply: Aug 25, 2011 9:24 AM by Raju Rathod RSS

ME23N :Purchase Order History Tab is missing field : AmountIn Local Currenc

kylie tisha
Currently Being Moderated

I have PO's with GRs and IRs and ican check their POhistory details in ME23 for every line item ,

But when i use ME23N the PO History tab at the itemLevel is missing 1 field 'AmountInLocal Currency' .

I tried changing the layout .After I change the layout the Amount field is not showing upin the list and i Have all aauthorization.

How do we check this issue with standard t-code ME23N

Could anybody guide me as how can i check this issue.

Well one more informtaion , there has been a recent upgrade from SAP4.5 to ECC6.0 and the above problemis only with 1Instance.

i tried debugging the standard t-code ME23N and while i was debugging i checked that the field DMBTR : Amountin Loc Currency has not been included before displaying the item details in the fieldcatalog oF ALV.

Gurus,

Is there any structure which can helpin adding this field so that  it comes up on the screen :ME23N ?

Thanks

Kylie

Edited by: kylietisha on May 27, 2010 11:05 PM

Edited by: kylietisha on May 27, 2010 11:09 PM

Edited by: kylietisha on May 27, 2010 11:09 PM

• Re: ME23N :Purchase Order History Tab is missing field : AmountIn Local Currenc
    Syed Hussain

Dear,

Ask ABAPer to check the issue and look into which parameters maintained as user parameters to call up new transactions and also enhancement slots - If applicable.

Regards,

Syed Hussain.

• Re: ME23N :Purchase Order History Tab is missing field : AmountIn Local Currenc
      kylie tisha

Ok ,

Besides , there had been an upgradation from SAP4.5 to ECC6.0.

Might be the transports from Developement System to Quality and finally to production is missing certain thinghs

How do we check the logs of a standard t-code : Is there any means ?

Thanks

Kylie

MAURO BIANCHI

Hi Kylie,

Normally this problem occurs because of a missing authorization.                                                                               

Your user(s) must have actvt '09' (Display prices) in authority-objects:   

'M_BEST_EKO'                                       

'M_BEST_BSA'                                       

'M_BEST_EKG'                                       

and 'M_BEST_WRK'.                                                                               

Please have a check on them, if this authority is not given to the user then the prices will not be shown.

Regards,

Mauro

kylie tisha

well ,

could you plz guide me how should we check these authorization objects .

but in this case both me and user cannot see that field : Amount in PO history tab.

Thnaks kylie

kylie tisha

hi Mauro

thanks , for heads Up bbut users come later ,intially its with me : i m a technical  developerfor me the field is not apperaing for any PO with corresponding POtype !!! But i could check all the authorizatrion under my user-id as i executed SU53 after executing the t-code ME23N with neccessary Purchase order .

Even though i have all the authorization bt still the Item Level Details doesnot show up 1 important Field : AmountIn LocalCurrency .

As per my reseacrch I can give you 1 more information :-

According to my research : the AmountInocalCurrency field is not apearing in the ABAP Listiewer Display section of itemOverview ME23N.

ME23n has 3 sections : 1 . PO Header Details

2. PO Item details here : small COnfig icon is avilable to change basic settings/maintain custom variants

by  selecting fields from Administartor .

3. PO ItemOverview which is an ALV construct : In this ALV List Display i find the item level

detail :AmountInLocalCurrency missing in the PurchaseOrder History tab.

The List displays evry details and just after the field  'Deleivery cost quantity ' appears the 'Amount' Field.' in any SAP version 4.5/4.6/4.7/ECC6.0 ... But for my isntance(using ECC6.0 after upgradation from SAp4.5B) i dont find that field in the ALV List viewer for ME23N. is there a way to check this situation ? ? I cannot make any changes in the EXIT (if available : since it is a production system) is there some corresponding settings given by SAP ......to adjust the field details in ME23N ?

Any help will be well appreciatible.......

therefore i m asking is there any way to check the change LOGS for any t-code ?

Thanks

Kylie

Edited by: kylietisha on May 29, 2010 1:16 AM

kylie tisha

hi Syed ,

there are no resons to ask abaper since we cannot make any changes : as this t-code ME23N is working perfect in DEV and QA systems

Only In production Sytem it doesnot show up neccessary fields : AmounInLocalCurrency. I have every authorization to ceck this

But it seems when this t-code was being maintained with an Item Overview details of any PurchaseOrder, since this is an Enjoy transaction it has an object oreinted approach for designing

therebyit constains 3 sections : POHeader ; POItemand PO Overview.

the PO  overview is a ABAP List Viewer : In this display the field Amount is Missing ...........Are there any standard structures which maintains the fields where we can update the missing field and it can help us in getting this field .How shall we approach towrads this sitiuation.

Any help will be appreciated>>>

thanks

Kylie

Edit Szabo

Hi,

do you have probably parked invoices only in the PO history, If this is the case, please read  from 396051     FAQ: Parking in the logistics invoice verification   the following information:                                                                               

During the display of the purchase order history, in case of parked           

documents, the system displays only amounts in document currency but no       

documents in local currency. Why?                                                                               

The display with parked documents is always limited to the data entered       

by the user.That happens for reasons of performance and to avoid              

misunderstandings as derived data at the time of parking generally do         

not have any functional importance. This is also valid for local              

currency amounts.                                                             

There are two options to receive data derived in the parking.                                                                               

1.  Saving the document with the status 'Completely parked' - in this         

case, this also results in further updating in accounting (see            

online documentation).                                                                               

2.  Simulation of the document.     

What kind of documents do you have in the PO history?

Regards,

Edit

kylie tisha

Hi Edit,

well , you are thinking in a different way , but it was helpful to get the knowledge of parking documents.

Well parking/posting of documents is not related to my issue.

I think my question is unable to give you a clear picture ,,,,,,therefore i m giving the question again :-

The issue is with a standard SAP t-code : ME23N (there had been a upgrade from SAP4.5V to SAP Ecc6.0).

Eventually all the SAP Developements take place in a client : SAPDEV and then the requests are transported to QA and production.This t-code works perfectly in SAP DEVand SAP QA now users are in SAP PRODso when they are using this ME23n for PurchaseOrder Display . So  this t-code ME23n displays all the fields in SAPDEV andSApQA environment. But production doesnot show this field. All the neccessary authorizatons has been checked and they are perfect with ME as well as the user.

IS it possible that the issue is with transporting the t-code ME23n from DEV>QA>PROD. they have missed somefield in the ALV Layout

This t-code ME23N has 3 dieeferent views

PO Header

PO Item Overview 

the above two are settled at the configuration level. there is another piece of information also avilable in ME23 Ni.e :

PO Item Overview. this is a ALV Layout . No matter you use any Purchase Order of any PO type the field 'AmountIn LocalCurrency' doesnot show up in tjis ALV Layout all other fields rae appropriate.

there are only Invoices and credit memeos and the issue is not with the GRs/IRs of the PO .It is related to the transaction being maintained. The same PO when checked through ME23 shows up the Amount in Local Currency field in the POHistory Tab for the Items in taht Purchase Order..But when i m checking it with ME23N that field is missing under ItemOverview of the Purchase Order.in the PurchaseOrderHistory Tab. And this happens with every PO (of any type)

Now Is there a way to check this ALV Layout at the SAP IMG <configuration level> ? ? there is no relation with any parking/posting a document because all these comes later no matter watever is my PurchaseOrder of any PO type.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Kylie.

Edited by: kylietisha on May 29, 2010 8:01 PM

Edited by: kylietisha on May 29, 2010 8:06 PM

Edited by: kylietisha on May 29, 2010 8:09 PM

Edited by: kylietisha on May 29, 2010 8:15 PM

Edited by: kylietisha on May 29, 2010 8:17 PM

Syed Hussain

Dear,

hi jeya ,

why do you think this is a situation with authorization objects ? Or is it like BASIS can only include this field on the

code ME23N becoz its pertaining to only 1 system :SAP PRODUCTION system ? plz reply

i have all neccessary authorizations :users come later .

But tell me whether you checked for missing objects with /OSU53 or not?? Does all authorizations are available or not??

Secondly, since you are getting this after upgradation.. its most probably relates to program updation error or authorizations.

Anyway check OSS notes: Note 305710 - ME23N: no purchase order history for delivery costs

Note 873202 - Document missing in history for purchase order item

Note 785616 - Displaying history at item level of a purchase order

Regards,

Syed Hussain.

kylie tisha

hi Gurus ,

hi Syed

i have checked authorization objects ; they are fine with user-id.....

Had checked the notes but they rae not appropriate since they talk about adding a complete noew button at Item Level for Purchase Orders : i will be searching that in SAP Notes.

Besides there was One finding :-      The table : E070 conatins all transports and requests that occured during upgradation.

So one of such requests talks about : a change at the config level

IMG>MM>Purchaisng> reporting>mainatian PurchasingList>DefineScopeOfList>ALV

In this there are some options Like SpecLines where we find options like some checkboxes ...............Could you please verify

wether this kind of layout can help us in this situation from the SAP configuration level??

Could anybody please verify the above path and tell me how does and where it impacts when any changes are being done at the above path.Since i dint find any change happening at the ME23n screen even after making some options avail.

Need Help to solve this issue .

Raju Rathod

Hi kylietisha  ,

Wanted to check with you on this isse?

Have got the solution for this issue.

Currently i am facing same issue. One of user not able to asee Amount filed on PO histry tab.

Please let us know if you have answer for this.

thx

Actions