Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Generating Labels with WWI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have the following questions.

For a 'Finished Product Real Substance Specification' which also has a 'Formula' in Recipe Management, where is WWI going to pick the values from, for creating the following labels.

1. For the Ingredient Statement label, is WWI going to fetch values from the Property Tree of the Finished Product Real Substance Specification, or is it going to fetch values from the 'Ingredient Tab' of the Formula of this finished product in Recipe Management. If your answer is that it needs to use Ingredient Tab under Formula (Recipe Management) to create this label, what if we have not implemented Recipe Management, than how to generate the Ingredient Statement Label.

2. For the Nutitional Facts label, is WWI going to fetch values from the Property Tree of the Finished Product Real Substance Specification, or is it going to fetch values from the 'Nutrition Tab of the Formula' of this finished product in Recipe Management. If your answer is that it needs to use Nutritional Tab under Formula (Recipe Management) to create the label, what if we have not implemented Recipe Management, than how to generate the Nutritional Facts Label.

Thanks in advance.

Sachin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sachin,

I personally believe that it infact totally depends on you. While creating template for label you may either choose specification symbols from recipe mgmt. or from substance's property tree. In the latter case, you may use "composition" node to maintain the component's compositions, whether it be for ingredient's statement or for that matter, for nutritional facts (you may create your own value assignment types suiting to your peculiar requirements and assign to the relevant property tree).

Now, I am not very sure of why you have taken Recipe management into account at the very first place. Assuming that you wish to maintain recipe formulas for trial & batch management, or for integrating directly with production orders, then you need to assess the value proposition for discarding Recipe mgmt. However, as I said earlier, I believe you can handle label part from maintaining compositions in specification's property tree as well.

EH&S experts: Please correct me if I am at false anywhere.

Regards,

Pavan