cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED

Former Member

Hello all,

I'm getting this error when loading a delta. I understand that the problem has to do with virtual memory running low but i don't know how to handle this. Do I need to include a "refresh itab" statement in my code to fix this?

<b>TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED

No storage space available for extending the internal table.

You attempted to extend an internal table, but the required space was not available .</b>

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

joe_ledesma
Participant
0 Kudos

(Am replying to an old post since this thread is currently the top search result for search term TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED in for example, Google.)

Also see this SAP Knowledge Base Article:

1641519 - Operating system (in)dependent SAP memory management issues

It applies to not only just TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED but also to other TSV_TNEW_* runtime errors.

It also confirms that this topic is database independent.

I realize this topic probably belongs better in SAP NetWeaver Administrator.

Message was edited by: Joe Ledesma Replaced reference to SAP NetWeaver Technology Platform with reference to SAP NetWeaver Application Administrator since the former is more about architecture.

0 Kudos

check out this brand-new wiki created to explain this issue!

TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED - Application Server Infrastructure - SCN Wiki

JasonLax
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

Also try reducing the datapackage size..

Contact your DBA as suggested.

Regards,

Nick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I my suggest that this is NOT RELATED with the database, but with the HEAP MEMORY.

Determine if a Dialog or Non Dialog process created the dump, then ask your administrator to modify the parameters:

abap/heap_area_dia or abap/heap_area_nondia

abap/heap_area_total

abap/heaplimit

refer to note 20527

Rgds

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nyrvole,

Check your Temporary DB space ( it is a setting on the DB ) and also check if the tablespace is to be extended.

Looks like the problem is due to lack o paging memory , increase the virtual memory or heap memory for the same.

hope it helps..

Arun

Assign points if it helps..

shishupalreddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I got the same problem in one of my application .

Could you please provide me the OSS Note number which will solve this problem .

Earliest responce is helpfull.

Thanks a lot in advance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shishu,

As pointed earlier, this error is due tolack of spcae/memory..due to this your loads fails bcuz it cant assign memory to it.

Check with your basis and ask them to increase space/ or auto assign space.

You can check space in DB02.

Cheers!!

Sorabh

• Assign points if it helps***

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check with your DBA if the cube tables at oracle end..(provided your backend database is oracle ) have Stats created for them.. We have recently got into this kind of issue and solved by creating Stats at database level..

Regards

Manga(Assign points if it helps)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This problem is due to the lack of temp space on the database.ask your DBA to add addtional space and also i have solved this problem long ago. there is an SAP OSS note i dont rememember the number now but you can search on TSV_TNEW_PAGE_ALLOC_FAILED .

Thanks and Regards,

Uma Srinivasa rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

why worry from your end? you contact basis regaring this issue they will add the memory or something they will do.