Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting block check in MI31 transaction

dipak_kumar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have done following steps -

1. Create inv document using MI31 with posting block check box selected. Step OK.

2. Doing 311 using MB1B - System prevents me from doing this movement. Step OK

3. Doing MI04 Step OK

4. Again doing 311 using MB1B - System prevents me from doing this movement, but with only one material.

If I am trying with other material, after MI04, I am able to do movement type 311 move using MB1B.

What is that it prevent me from doing 311 activity will that material after MI04?

Any input is appreciated,

Regards,

Dipak

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you do MI04 which is enter count, and the count you enter is similar as your inventory, system thinks there is no issue with this stock and lifts the posting block check, thats why you can do movement against the said material.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

not fully correct. the posting block is erased whenever you enter a count, it does not matter if your count matches with the book quantity or not.

The purpose of the posting block is to prevent entering movements in SAP while a phyiscal inventory is active. This is only one side of the medal. The other side is your organisation of a physical inventory. Here you have to take the same measures, you need to prevent people from moving materials until you have finished your count.

Once you enter the count, then SAP is just certain that the count has finished and the block is no longer needed.

If you counted correctly, then you will not move more than you counted, hence you will not have any issue if you post the difference some days later.

dipak_kumar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you.

I was actually close to both of your opinions.

Following help also confirms this as given below -

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_45b/helpdata/en/12/0863da470311d1894a0000e83

23352/content.htm

Thanks you,

Regards,

Dipak

Answers (0)