cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost Run at same time for both the plants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

When i am Running costing in CK40N with Backgroud processing for 2 plants material at a time system is showing error as Costing run has been blocked by User XXX.

requrement is we need to schedule the back groud job for costing run in CK40N on same date and time for all the plants. but if we schedule like this we are getting error and nothing is marking and releasing. this has been cheked in same user id and different user id also.

Can any one tell me that how to resolve this issue.

Regards..

sahil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil,

Pl follow the below steps to fix this issue:

Step: 1) Create Plant wise Costing Runs using T-Code # CK40N upto Marking step only.

Step: 2) Using T-Code # CK24 release the Standard Prices at Company Code level. Don't enter Plant & Materials.

By following the above steps you will be able to release the Standard Prices for all the Plants maintained under that Company Code.

Let me know, if you have any questions on this.

Thanks,

Pandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Panduranj,

Thanks for your reply,

If i scheduled the background job for all the plants, some times in second step structure explosion also not executing , in this step background jog is getting struck, some times up to marking it is performing. any suggestions from your end.

Regards,

Sahil

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sahil,

Pl create the Plant wise costing runs to avoid such type of issues instead of creating only one costing run using all the plants you have. i.e., if you have 5 plants create 5 separate costing runs executing upto Marking Step only and then release the cost estimate using CK24 at Company code level.

Let me know, if you have further questions on this.

Regards,

Pandu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent point, Pandu.

We "discovered" that this year.

We spent 2 weeks cositng and marking in plants.

by May 1 all marking was complete and then we used ck24 to release each company as inventories completeted

Much more efficient and much less stressful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for you information..

waman_shirwaicar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you run CK40N in background, the system blocks release for cost estimates at company code level. So if two plants belong to the same company code, it is not possible to run CK40N in one plant and release prices in the other one.

If you have activated "cross-company costing" (IMG: Product cost planning - selected functions in material costing), CK40N will block all company codes and plants.

If it is not activated, it is possible to run CK40N in one plant and release cost estimates in another plant belonging to another company code.

If this system behaviour is inconvenient for you, as a solution you could make the costing runs as fast as possible and execute them sequential.

In other words: the principle is to execute short running jobs sequential instead of long running jobs in parallel.

By the way, you have a good job overview with the schedule manager, which can be reached from ck40n. Here you can define your job dependencies.

Also if you start for e.g. 2 or more costing runs at similiar times and each run contains the same material but from different plants, you will get CK381.

regards

Waman