cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Primary Cost Element error in COPA (SD Document)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have a problem from SD-invoice document. SD invoice is posted but no accounting document is created.

When I analysed it says that, "a GL account 43200001 (Expense Account) is posted. You posted a profitability segment for a primary cost element. For primary cost elements, postings from SD are not updated in COPA (Costing based). Change the account assignment in the Sales document to a true account assignment object such as cost centre, int order, etc. "

I am not able to understand this. How can I resolve this ? In OKB9 no assignment to a COPA is specified for this cost element.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

waman_shirwaicar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

OKB9 is not relevant in case of SD postings; its only for FI / MM postings.

Basically in costing based COPA only cost elements with celem category 11 or 12 are relevant. Please read note 20254.

The cost element in this case has different celem category. So it will not post to a COPA valuefield.

If the account assignment of the profitability segment without a corresponding posting in CO-PA is acceptable, change the message type of message KI183 to "A".

In this instance, message type "A" does not lead to the normal cancelation message, but is used in this particular case to recreate the program logic as existed in previous Releases (up to 4.5B). Under "A", the account assignment of the profitability segment is not deleted and no error message is displayed. The posting in Cost Element Accounting is updated on one reconciliation object only.

There is nothing wrong in this. Please read notes 41103 and 106968 in this regard.

If you change the message type to 'W' then it will change to a warning message.

This will delete the account assignment to profitability segment provided you have another real account assignment. The system normally requires one real account assignment and one or more statistical account assignments are possible.

- If no other account assignment object is specified, the system displays the error message KI235 or KI248.

- If another, true account assignment object (such as a cost center or internal order) is specified, this object is updated in

Cost Element Accounting.

regards

Waman

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx for the message. So, please guide me what to do ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

could you please guide me where can I give a true account assignment object in the SD Invoice ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make respected cost element category either 11 or 12 based on your GL account and see if that helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If I change the cost element category to 11/12, will it affect the system consistency ? Please gude me where can I give a true account assignemt like Cost centre, Int order in the Sales Document for this cost element ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to use either expense or revenue cost element category for respected GL account. If there are already posted data, you would not able to change cost element category for that respective fiscal year. System will not post document from SD if attached GL account thus Cost element has Primary cost element category attached with it.

You can create or choose different GL account which has cost element category 11/12.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

If u create cost element catagery 11 and 12 for sales deduction and sale revenues, the SD condition types are updated in copa

It will not effected for primary cost element cost element catagery 1.

Kindly check your configuration related SD and copa

Regards

venkat

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the inputs. When I checked the invoice, the GL assigned was a primary cost element. It should have been a balance sheet account. It is resolved after changing the GL to a balance sheet a/c.