Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI Sheet entries validation

former_member351306
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

Our client has a requirement that when user enters the PI sheet for a field (PPPI_INPUT_REQUEST), for example the serial number of the equipment number used in the process - this serial number (say, S00111, which is maintained in SAP) is used in the process on special occasions and that needs to captured in the PI sheet. The data entry operator for the PI sheet entries receives that data sheets from the shop floor which contains this information (serial number). Right now, the entry does not have any check by the system, the operator can enter any number and still the PI sheet can be completed. This is causing lots problems during month end reconciliation. Is there a way to enable the system to check the entry in the PI sheet and if it is not in SAP database, it throws up an error? What config steps & user exits are required at O12C to enable this check?

Please help.

thanks

BE

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member351306
Participant
0 Kudos

No solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You should define a function call to a function module, with the value entered by the user you can call the FM and verify if the serial number exists. You can have an additional field , populated by the function module (import parameter) with some "Validated" or OK, which completes the process instruction.

Or, you can create a characteristic for the Serial number whose value is read usinf a function module, so the user can olnly pcik a value from thos proposed from the FM, just like the entry help (F4).

Regards

mike_rupp
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Dario,

Thanks for posting this answer.

I am also very interested in this subject but Iu2019m not quite clear on how to integrate this into the PI.

I know how to create Characteristics.

We have an ABAP programmer that can create the function module.

I know how to call a FM using a button on the PI sheet.

I know how to create a data request field on a PI sheet

But I donu2019t know how to connect a data input field with a function module to create (F4) type selection on that input field.

Would it be possible for you to post an example of this as a service to all PI sheet users ?

Kind Regards

Mike Rupp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Mike

I got the example of the solution? has been achieved could send me, I'm having the same problem. And I know not integrate with the characteristic function at the time of selection of the fields. I made a function and put in the time to make the specification of process, but only runs the SAP function when I write the PI sheet.