Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Themes: Upgrade of old custom themes / Export of current SAP themes

alejiandro_sensejl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

today we implemented several oss notes (up to 1474351 with all dependencies) concerning unified rendering to fix two bugs in IE8. This upgrade invalidated all of our custom themes created with the eclipse theme editor. Our old themes were of version 7.11.3.6.0, but now we need them as of 7.11.7.9.0.

So question time!

1.) Is there a way to migrate the old themes to the current version automatically? As far as I understand we must rebuild them from scratch and copy the themes of the current version to apply all the fixes from the notes to the themes?

2.) How can I export the current SAP themes to copy them again with [Eclipse Theme Editor Version 2|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/downloads?rid=/library/uuid/b08a05ec-e24a-2d10-189e-f5c6bcbf39a5]? With WD_THEMES I can only export the custom themes and the themes provided with version 2 of the editor are only as of version 7.11.1.0.0, so we can't use them...

Would be great if someone could help me with these, the IE8 bug is still happening in our productive systems and we can't apply the fix without the new themes!

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Alej

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi!

Please take a look at note 1446099.

Best,

Nestor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I have faced also the same issue:

After an upgrade took place, the version of unified rendering is 7.11.3.4.0 whilst the custom theme was 7.0.15.1.0 (created prior to the upgrade). So the custom theme was not working properly any longer.

To make things worse, the only "SAP standard" theme project file that can be downloaded from the following link is of version 7.11.3.2.0

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/webcontent/uuid/20cca24b-4a5e-2c10-1a8d-9a7e6a377917 [original link is broken]

I rebuilt our custom theme copying a theme from the downloaded project (version 7.11.3.2.0) but then the import would fail via our system when executing the import function in the WD_THEMES program. The reason is again the versioning of the unified rendering is 7.11.3.4.0 which is higher from the theme version being imported. A "chicked and egg problem" around theme versioning.

The way I overcame the issue and managed to succesfully import a custom theme of lower version was to debug the import functionality invoked by WD_THEMES as follows:

In class CL_WDR_IO_THEMES and method GET_UR_VERSION , I set a breakpoint in the last line of the method:

r_result = version_property-value

At this point r_result gets the version of unified rendering - I let this line execute in single step in the debugger and then I replace the version in r_result with the version of the theme I was importing. This takes place several times during the import (as the program goes through all installed themes and checks their version). The process also needs several miutes to complete and the imported theme is included in a transport request.

At the end the custom theme is succesfully imported.

In our case the imported theme worked well and our application is working again fine. I'm not sure this will work for all cases of custom themes though. I'm not fond of such solutions but in our case we had no other options.

It would be nice if SAP provided an upgraded theme project file on which we could base our custom themes. At the moment even the standard "hidden" themes of SAP are of version 7.11.3.2.0 which is lower than the version of unified rendering (7.11.3.4.0).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everybody,

same problem!

After EHP4 in our SAP ERP our custom theme (which has the version 7.0.19.1.0) is no longer valid for version 7.11.3.4.0.

This is what report WD_THEMES tells me. It also tells me that I should perform an upgrade (of our custom theme???).

As I understand the conversation here so far, there is no solution for that problem? Am I right?

Looking forward to a feedback,

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody

We are having the same problem.

The solution is to install the eclipse sdk and theme editor to re-build the custom theme.

After that I think the version within the theme property needs to be raised.

That should work

martin_kuehnert
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Alej,

invalidated means they cannot be used in your SAP System anymore?

BR

Martin

alejiandro_sensejl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

That's right.

This is also indicated by WD_THEMES:

If we start the report in our dev system (with the new theme version) the following message appears in a popup: "The versions of the themes in the MIME repository do not match. We recommend peforming an upgrade with the theme editor".

On function Version a popup with the message "The current version of unified rendering is 7.11.7.9.0. All themes in the MIME repository should have this version or a higher version" appears.

alejiandro_sensejl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yesterday we imported the fix into our productive landscape and are working with the sap themes.

Up to now no solution how to create custom themes for version 7.11.7.9.0.

alejiandro_sensejl
Active Participant
0 Kudos

According to Pradyut Sarma, SAP is currently building projects for the theme editor to be used with the latest theme versions:

Dear users,

We have received a lot of feedback on the tool and the blog through mails/comments and one question that's common to all is, "How do i get the latest version of the SAP themes to import into the eclipse tool and start editing?"

Unfortunately, the R/3 system does not allow users to export SAP themes (but only custom themes) and hence, cannot be worked with in the theme editor. The version that we have uploaded along with the editor on SDN is an old version of 7.11 which, as I understand won't be usable for users since most customers have moved on to higher versions. Hence, we are currently in the process of preparing and uploading the latest version of the SAP themes to SDN as well for users to download and extend/customize using the tool and consume in their applications. I will update the blog once we are done with the uploading process.

Thank you again for the feedback and the queries.

Best Regards,

Pradyut.

Source: http://weblogs.sdn.sap.com/cs/user/view/cs_msg/62232