cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Update

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are doing OS/DB migration(SAPR3 4.6C - 4.6D kernal)-(Windows 2003/Sql2000). We are in the process of Rehearsal phase1 now. We build the PRD server(rehearsal1) and created QUA (Rehearsal) system copy of PRD server.

In Rehearsa1 PRD server we did changes on

Z programs & varients(around1000) and created a transport request(XXXXXXX).

Now we have to update the same Z programs & varients(around1000) changes in QUA(Rehearsal) server too.

Please let me know the way to update the transport request ((XXXXXXX) from PRD Rehearsal1 system to Qua (Rehearsal) system.

Thanks

Malai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If I understand your query correctly, you want to transport a request from PRD to QUA correct !!! Normally transport will be done from DEV->QLT->PRD and reverse way is not recommended. But anyhow if it is to be done then release the request in PRD system which will create the two files in cofile and datafile directories under usr/sap/trans in PRD system. Copy those two files and paste them in the same directory of cofile and datafile under usr/sap/trans of QUA systems. After that go to STMS_IMPORT transaction under QUA and choose Extras->Other Request->Add which will add the tranport to QUA queue and next import the request in the system.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sharath,

Thanks for your response. I configured the STMS settings and set the domain controler as PRD server rehearsal1 system.

I relaased the transport request at PRD system,. But It didnot create a data(usr/sap/trans/data) and cofile(usr/sap/trans/cofiles).

I found that only below txt files at data and cofiles after setup the STMS.

ophvg01w\sapmnt\trans\data\TMS_TEST.FNP

data

XXXvg01w\sapmnt\trans\data

XXXvg01w\sapmnt\trans\cofiles\TMS_TEST.FNP ->

cofiles

ophvg01w\sapmnt\trans\cofiles

Please let me know how to get the files (data and cofiles) when i relaese the transpost request in PRD rehearsal system.?.

Thanks

Malai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After releasing the request, it should create cofile and datafile where cofile will be with K<000000>.<SID> and datafile with R<000000>.<SID> where <000000> is request number and <SID> is the SID of the system. Now, you create a transport copy of the request and release that new request and see if the files are created.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sharath,

I created a new request for testing purpose, still no go. I am not note how to create a copy of existing transport request, hence i created a new transport request.

Found that ->D :\usr\sap\trans\actlog log 
1 ETO009 "======================================================"
1 ETK195 "08.06.2010"    action log for task "XXXK900195"
1 ETO009 "====================================================="
1 ETK185 "08.06.2010 20:50:47" "XXXADM" has created the new request/task
1 ETK193 "08.06.2010 20:50:47" "XXXADM" owner, linked by "XXXADM" to "XXXK900194"
1 ETK190 "08.06.2010 20:52:32" "XXXADM" has released the request/task

Also

But in Tcode STMS >>Monitor>>TMS Alerts>>TMS Alert viewer showers following error:
 08.06.10   21:03:36   TMSADM         TMS_PS_READ_PROFILE_FROM_DISK      READ_PROFILE_FAILED           TMSADM          TMS_PS_READ_PROFILE_FROM_DISK      READ_PROFILE_FAILED                
File \\XXXvg01w\sapmnt\trans\bin\TPPARAM
opened for reading (No such file or  directory)

Please let me know how to resove the same?.

Thanks

Malai.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

I solved the issue.

Solution; I added the DIR_TRANS information at instance profile.

Thanks

Malai