Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pause or end live auction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would like to ask a few questions:

i work with SRM5

1. After the auction start if i click on the PAUSE button the auction is pause the users get a message but the remaining time of

the auction is not pause. is it a regular thing??

2. If i click on the END button in live auction the auction is not stop and i get the message "specified time has not reached".

even in extend time i get the message. so how can i stop the auction???

Thanks

Ronen w.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. After the auction start if i click on the PAUSE button the auction is pause the users get a message but the remaining time of the auction is not pause. is it a regular thing??

Yes. It's standard behavior. The clock won't stop ticking while the auction is paused.

2. If i click on the END button in live auction the auction is not stop and i get the message "specified time has not reached". even in extend time i get the message. so how can i stop the auction???

You can't manually stop the auction before the scheduled end time is reached. (Think about the common scenario where some bidders who would only join the bidding when it is towards the end.) The "end" button is only to manually trigger the closure of the auction when the background job to end it fails. It's a fallback solution. To prevent further bids before the auction officially ends, one workaround is to pause the auction and let the remaining time run out.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

duplicate so deleted.

Edited by: Jay Yang on Jun 9, 2010 6:48 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ronen,

please check the information below from the SAP live auction documentation:

ad 1:

The time remaining and end date are not affected or extended by simply pausing the auction; the countdown for time remaining continues.

ad 2:

The system only allows you to end an auction once or after the end date and time have been reached.

I hope that i could help.

Best regards,

Georg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Georg

Thanks for your answers

About question no.1

Is it the same in SRM7?

It think it is missing functionality because when i resume the auction it should start from the same point it paused.

About question no.2

Sorry may be i missed something but you said that the system only allows you to end an auction after the end date and time have been reached.

But if the end time of auction reached it already stopped

Ronen

Former Member
0 Kudos

About question no.1

Is it the same in SRM7?

It think it is missing functionality because when i resume the auction it should start from the same point it paused.

This behavior remains the same in SRM7.

Not necessarily. Auction is extremely time sensitive. Once the auction is paused AND the clock stops, the bidders wouldn't know when it should end. And auction ending time is commonly the most critical period of the entire bidding process.

About question no.2

But if the end time of auction reached it already stopped

Not necessarily. The ending of the auction is controled by a background job. Occasionally due to a variety of reasons, the job might not trigger at the exact scheduled end time point. That's when the manual closing of the auction becomes useful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

duplicate so deleted

Edited by: Jay Yang on Jun 9, 2010 6:49 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

duplicate so deleted

Former Member
0 Kudos

duplicate so deleted