cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set- up function of add-on failed (C:\....BA_FixedAssets.exe)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

I am facing an error while connecting Fixed Asset. System message " Set- up function of add-on failed (C:\....BA_FixedAssets.exe) . I am using SBO 2007 SP01 Pl 05.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

bcini
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Did you manage to sort out this issue?  I'm facing the same problem and I am trying to figure out how to fix it.

Feel free to send your feedback.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Bom dia,

tive este problema no SAP B1 8.82.

Resolução:

1 - Verificar arquivo de log

Foi encontrada a mensagem abaixo informando que deveria definir a serie da numeração de documento em administração

2 - Verifiquei que no log havia uma referencia ao adicionar Itens

3 - Acessei a numeração de documentos no SAP B1 e verifique que havia uma sequencia automatica criada.

4 - Realizei o desbloqueio da sequencia MANUAL e a defini como padrão para todos os usuários do sistema.

5 - Fechei e abri o SAP novamente.

Apos este processo o add-on não apresentou o erro, recriou todos os campos e tabelas e inicializou com sucesso.

Espero ter ajudado.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got the same problem. I have done steps described by Ivy, but the result is still the same. I am curious about tax code. My country is not in the list. What should I do?

Note:

I use following software:

SAP B1 8.8 PL 13 (from C:/ Program Files/SAP/SAP Business One DI API/DI API 2007/SAPbobsCOM88.dll : SAPbobsCOM88.dll)

Fixed Assets version 880.231.00.13 (I got it automatically from installation/upgrade).

Microsoft SQL Server 2005 version 9.00.1399.06 (RTM - standard edition)

Do I have to install SQL Server 2005 SP3 to use Fixed Assets?

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

don't try to delete the default tax code.

ivy_zhang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Awais Majeed

To sucessfully install and connect to fixed Assets addon, please checnk the following point.

1,Item Group 100 exists in the Database.

Please run following query, to ensure that the item group 100 is defined:

SELECT * FROM OITB T0 WHERE T0.ItmsGrpCod =100

2,The DIAPI is on the same patch Level as the Common DB.

You can check the DI version from C:/ Program Files/SAP/SAP

Business One DI API/DI API 2007/,right click on SAPbobsCom2005.dll properties >version tab: special build description.

3,The tax code which is required for your localization exist in the

database. (Note 770851) https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/770851

If all above settins is OK, please follow the steps in note 819501: How to clean client after corrupted installation. Uninstall the Fixed Assets and install Fixed Assets from the installation files of 2007A SP01 PL05.

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/819501

**Please noticed that if there is any other add-ons installed, please delete the part of Fixed Assets in AddOnsLocalRegistration.sbo file only, not the whole file. Otherwise, the other installed add-on will be affected.

Hope it is helpful!

Regards,

Ivy Zhang

SAP Business One Forums Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ivy Zhang,

I appreciate your detail answer and also I have tried all three steps, but , standing with the same error. let me tell you that , the add-on manager screen showing that the add-on has been connected but still not available in the module list.

Meanwhile i have another company running on the same machine , and the add-on is working fine over there. when ever i try to start the add-on first it says that

System Message:

The database upgrade of the SAP Add-On Fixed Assets to version

8.00.01.05.00 is either being run or the upgrade process has been

cancelled and the upgrade is incomplete. Do you want to restart the

upgrade process?

Exit - Restart-Remove

System Message:

Do you really want to restart the DB upgrade?

Exit- Restart

As i select the restart. addon start creating tables. but in the end it shows

System Message:

Set-up function of add-on failed (C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business

One\AddOns\SAP\FixedAssets\BA_FixedAssets.exe)

and

system Message:

Initialization failed

Still the add-on manager saying that add-on is connected but menu is unable to show any of the related tabs of fixed assets.

Regards,

Awais

Former Member
0 Kudos

?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The tax code for input tax C1 was being deleted.I have created it. Issue resolved.

Thanks for the support

Regards

Awais

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Awais,

I am facing the same issue which you were facing with exactly the same error messages. I have tried the option of tax code but i am still getting the same error.