cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound E-Mail when creating a Service Request

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I am trying to set up a scenario where an outbound notification email is sent out when a Service Request is created. I have created the email FORM in WEB UI but was wondering how to trigger the email sending process (I am looking for the best practice).

A possible option could be to create an action that is triggered when the Service Request is saved but does the standard action work with a "email form" created from WEB UI (as far as I know it works with SMARTFORM) or do i have to code the whole logic myself:

-Get the template.

-Convert it to html.

-Populate data.

-Build email body and so on and finally send email and attach it to the Service Request.

I wonder if there is standard functionality for this.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Best regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are on CRM 7.0 sending e-mail when service request is saved is a standard functionality. Use Rule policy with Intent Driven Interaction context.

1. Create New policy and add your Business Role at the header.

2. Add IC Events 'OrderSaved' at the header.

3. Create Rule as follows:

Condition - If Current Event Equals Order was saved

Action - Send Out-Going E-Mail Using Mail Form

E-Mail Subject 'xxxxx'

Sender's E-Mail Adress 'email id'

Mail Form 'ZMailform'

Note:1. Make sure that your mail form has the attribute service request tracking text is inserted.You can see the service request tracking text attribute when you create the mail form in the Attribute Context 'ERMS

2. Make sure that your service manager profile has the your IDI policy assigned.

3. Your CRM 7.0 is on SP04 or above.

Let me know if you have more queries.

Rgds,

Shridhar

Edited by: Shridhar Deshpande on Jun 10, 2010 6:38 AM

arjun_behera
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shridhar,

Could you please explain the Step 2 . "  Make sure that your service manager profile has the your IDI policy assigned. ",, Could you please let me know where exactly we do this ???

Regards,

AB

0 Kudos

In CRM 7 EHP2 the configuration is available under:

CRM > E-Mail Response Management System (ERMS) > Service Manager.  Select the appropriate profile (in my case = Z_US_SUPPORT).  Then in the directly called services you need an entry of RE_RULE_EXEC.  Below which you will enter the policy name that was created in the WebUI.

Regards,

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Can i decide whom to send the Mail ?

its possible to send mail to specific partner function ?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can try using ERMS Rule Policies to send an auto acknowledgement as soon as Service Request is created.

Regards,

Shwetha