cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LinkageError when multiple reports are rendered in parallel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We are using JRC from CR for Eclipse 2.0.4 embedded in a Jee application deployed on WebSphere Application Server 6.1.

We encounter a LinkageError when two or more reports are requested in parallel. It works well when reports are rendered in a sequential manner.

JRC documentation say it is possible to run 3 reports in parallel. Does somebody faced the same problem or has an idea about the cause ? I was thinking JRC was a pure Java component but found JRCJNI.dll in my temp directory (the LinkageError is a JNI error).

The stack trace looks like :

com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.lib.ReportSDKException: com.crystaldecisions.enterprise.ocaframework.ServiceMgrFactory---- Error code:-2147467259 Error code name:failed

at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.(SourceFile:703)

at com.crystaldecisions.proxy.remoteagent.RemoteAgent.a(SourceFile:662)

at com.crystaldecisions.proxy.remoteagent.RemoteAgent.a(SourceFile:632)

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.ClientDocument.if(SourceFile:504)

at com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.application.ClientDocument.open(SourceFile:669)

Caused by: java.lang.LinkageError: com.crystaldecisions.enterprise.ocaframework.ServiceMgrFactory

Regards,

Cédric Gérard

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please provide a solution to the issue reported.

Am gettin the following below specified exception while running the crystal report.

com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.lib.ReportSDKException: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException---- Error code:-2147467259 Error code name:failed

at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.if(SourceFile:741)

at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.a(SourceFile:167)

at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter$2.a(SourceFile:529)

at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter$2.call(SourceFile:527)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.common.ThreadGuard.syncExecute(SourceFile:102)

Please let me know as on what scenarios this exception is expected and how can i resolve it.

Regards,

Mamtha Udaykumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Am gettin the following below specified exception while running the crystal report.

com.crystaldecisions.sdk.occa.report.lib.ReportSDKException: java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException---- Error code:-2147467259 Error code name:failed

at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.if(SourceFile:741)

at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.a(SourceFile:167)

at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter$2.a(SourceFile:529)

at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter$2.call(SourceFile:527)

at com.crystaldecisions.reports.common.ThreadGuard.syncExecute(SourceFile:102)

Regards,

Mamtha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am back to this thread with some new informations from IBM WebSphere support.

LinkageError is due to a IBM JVM Java 5 weakness ("limitation" support said) .

This error is due to the overrided loadClass method in xJarClassLoader class from DatabaseConnectors.jar library of Crystal Reports.

This method should respect the standard delegation model of CACHE -> PARENT -> DISK instead of CACHE -> DISK -> PARENT (see "Problems when overriding loadClass()" section of http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/java/library/j-dclp3/index.html).

Furthermore IBM support recommends to synchronize this method.

But this is not the end of the story ... After fixing this, anothers exceptions such as the following stack trace appear when executing clientModel.getReportSource().export(). So, to my mind, using Crystal Reports from XML DataSource in WebSphere 6.1 is not really working. As a workaround, I had to sychronize all Crystal Report api calls.

+ at com.businessobjects.reports.sdk.JRCCommunicationAdapter.if(SourceFile:741)+

We do not have Crystal Report support as it is a free to use tool but I hope somebody in SAP Crystal Report will read this thread and fix the problem.

Regards,

Cédric Gérard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Some new elements ...

This problem can be reproduced with JVM 1.5 IBM J9 from WAS 6.1 (FP15 to FP 29) but not with SUN 1.5.0_11 nor 1.6.0_16.

I have found in documentation that Crystal Report for Eclipse 2.0 supports Websphere Application Server 6.1 as runtime server.

Is it really the case ? It is a bug ?

If somebody can help us ...

Regards,

Cédric Gérard