Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Accounting Entries for differences in Proof of Delivery

adeola_adejuyigbe
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have Proof of delivery activated and billing is against delivered quantities. If however there are differences in the POD, the accounting entries in the delivery remain DR COGS and CR Inventory with the GI quantity value. There is therefore no accounting entry passed for the observed differences. This is strange in SAP - guess its gap my knowledge!

I want the system to automatically adjust the accounting entries in the delivery so that the differences in POD are reflected in a difference account with the contra charges to COGS. Is this possible with standard SAP?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Deola

1) Have you configured 'Define Reasons for Quantity Differences':

SPRO/IMG/Logistics Execution/Shipping/Deliveries/Proof of Delivery/Define Reasons for Quantity Differences

2) Are you manually or automatically confirming PODs? T code: : VLPODL/VLPODQ

3) After 2, have you tried Subsequent Processing of Proof of Delivery (POD)? That's where you process for necessary quantity and value corrections like cost of sales. T code: VLPODF

Probably you are not doing step 3, that's why quantity differences are not getting posted to accounting?

See help: http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/c4/13c0da0f9011d3b47f006094b9b9dd/frameset.htm

Please revert with if this works for you. Good luck.