cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EHS - value assignment types

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I'm not an EHS expert however I've received an EHS specific query, please help me to understand and how to proceed on below requirement:

In EHS module, create a new branch "regulatory information CLP" with 5 new properties and update old one to DSD/DPD.

For these changes, adds and changes will have to be done in customizing in "value assignment types" entry with different valorization type (branch and properties).

I can trace Value Assignments under property tree in SPRO but don't know how to go about.

Regards,

Yati

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi Yati,

In addition to the previous response, if the characteristics are phrase based, you should define their format as Character 30. After the customizing steps previously mentioned, run transaction match up master data transaction CGCZ with the first option selected (Match up ValAss type and char). This will add all Characteristics with format Character 30 to TCG66

Then run transaction CGAB, find your characteristics, and assign the phrase set you created to their corresponding characteristics. This edits the TCG66 table.

Then run CGCZ again, this time with the second option selected (Activate phr. assgt to characteristic - I think the description of the options is slightly different in different versions of EHS). This will assign the phrase check function to all characteristics with phrase sets assigned in TCG66.

Edited by: Mike Smith on Jun 17, 2010 5:59 PM

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

as an add on to what has been explained yer:

you can create the new value assignment types using the old ones as "templates". The same is true regarding the classes and characteristics. Keep in mind that normally you need to take care of access rights. The new valu assignment types must get keys in customer namespace (like Z...) and therefore in moste cases you need to adapt access rights or the user would not be able to maintain data. If you are using rule sets etc. (using EH&S Expert server) etc. you need may be to adapt them.

You should check SAP regular trees. Theses are updated on a regularly basis. As I did not exactly understand why you would do the copy of the old one you should check of SAP it self is thinking of this copy so you need not do do that by your own. Furtheremore in most cases the new properties will be used in WWI documents therefore you need to crate as the next step the report symbols etc.

With best regards

C.B.

PS: If you are using ALE to distrube EH&S data from one system to another and you would like to distribute the new properties too (the content) it is clear that you must create the new ones in the target system too

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Yati,

If I have understood correctly, you want to create / Edit a property tree. If so, thre are certain steps involved and it will not be possible to detailed it out here, but I will list out the requirements and steps involved;

Master data required:

1.Create characteristics for possible values to assign to the Value assignment type

2.Create class for the value assignment type and assign characteristics to the class

3.Create Phrase set

4.Create phrases and assign to the phrase set

Note: Step 3 &4 are required for phrase enable characteristics.

Perform following Customizing settings:

1.Basic Data and Tools -> Specification Management -> Specification Database Structure -> Settings for Value Assignment -> Specify Value Assignment Types

2.Basic Data and Tools -> Specification Management -> Specification Database Structure -> Settings for Value Assignment -> Set Up Table-Based Value Assignment

3.Basic Data and Tools -> Specification Management -> Specification Database Structure -> Settings for Value Assignment -> Set Up Property Tree

Request you to visit SAP help at : http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/c1/eda0f591ec12408b25e7a1b369ca45/frameset.htm

and visit topic : Value Assignment under Basic Data and tools -> Specification Editing

Hope this information is helpful to you.

Regards,

Niraj