cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing Phrases in CG13?

0 Kudos

Hello,

We have recently activated EA-PLM via transaction code SFW5.

Are there standard phrases that are part of this activation? Or do we need to import them?

Tables ESTPH and ESTPP contain zero records. In TC CG13 all phrase libraries are empty.

Thanks,

Mark

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Niraj,

Thanks you for your reply. The information provided was very helpful. I have followed the three steps that you suggested.

Currently in CG02 => Substance => Change, using Density => Accuracy for an example, when I select the F4 option I receive the message:

NA C$374

No Phrases assigned to phrase set

The characteristic is assigned to a phrase set that contains no phrases.

You can not assign a value to the characteristic.

Are there phrases in my system that need to be assigned to a phrase set?

Thanks,

Mark

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

Yes, Phrases have not been assigned to particular phrase set.

Once you assign the phrase to phrase set, in tcode: CGCZ mark the box for Activate Phrasing of the Characteristics and execute. Then you will be able to assign the value to the characteristic.

Regards,

Niraj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

After activating the EA_PLM extension for using EHS, there are many activites needs to be performed to use the EHS functionality fully.

But the Baisc settigns which are needed to perform are as follows:

1. Adopting Standard Specification Database Structure

Environment, Health & Safety > Basic Data and Tools > Specification Management > Specification Database Structure > Settings for Value Assignment > Adopt Standard Specification Database Structure (Tcode: CGB7)

The purpose of this activity is to adopt the standard specification database structure (i.e. the set of properties and properties tress) of EH&S that is shipped with client 000.

2.Creating Entries for table based Value Assignments

Environment, Health & Safety > Basic Data and Tools > Specification Management > Specification Database Structure > Settings for Value Assignment > Set Up Table-Based Value Assignment (Tcode: CGVAI02)

The purpose of this activity is to set up a default setting for the display of such tables.

The latest versions of EH&S use a new way of displaying properties. They use adjustable tables instead of the earlier fixed fields. The control information for this table display has to be set up, too.

3.Generating Standard Phrase Sets

Environment, Health & Safety > Basic Data and Tools > Specification Management > Specification Database Structure > Settings for Value Assignment > Generate Standard Phrase Sets (Tcode: CGBB)

The purpose of this activity is to generate the phrase sets for the standard value assignment types. Phrase sets control which phrase values can be used in certain EH&S properties.

When you enter the transaction code, or choose Execute in the IMG, the report to generate the standard phrase sets starts immediately. The report should only be executed once otherwise data might be inconsistent.

Please see the documentation of each activity before executing.

Hope this information is useful to you.

Regards,

Niraj