Explain me with some example .

Thanks

SAP-MM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

work flow is different module.

In mm we can use workflow for Release process of various purchase documents.

Email to vendor and emails to respective release codes in release process is possible with help of work flow.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HII

THANKS FOR UR RESPONSE .

Can u explain me with some realtime example for Work flow .

Like u said emails to release codes and release process ..etc.

Can u give me some simple example in same ??

Consider that i have created PR and PO with 2 levels Officer level and HOD level.

In above case how wrk flow will work ?????

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> HII

>

> THANKS FOR UR RESPONSE .

>

> Can u explain me with some realtime example for Work flow .

>

> Like u said emails to release codes and release process ..etc.

>

> Can u give me some simple example in same ??

>

> Consider that i have created PR and PO with 2 levels Officer level and HOD level.

>

> In above case how wrk flow will work ?????

>

> Thanks

Workflow are created and assigned to release strategy. Now in your case for PO, when the PO

is created, workflow is initiated, and an email goes to the inbox of the Officer who has created the PO.

INBOX is a button on the main sap screen, on which he clicks and checks his inbox, like we check our mail in inbox,

he will see his PO number in inbox, he clicks on this line,here he will have few options namely APPROVE PO, clicking on this button will approve this PO and send the message to HOD person's inbox. Second option is REJECT PO, clicking on this option he enters why he wants to reject the PO, and once entered the PO is rejected. This is basically done by the second level releaser, if he finds some issues in PO, he rejects the PO and the officer receives mail of the rejection with the reason, then officer makes the necessary ammendments in PO, saves it and again the same process starts. Email goes to inbox, he releases, email goes to HOD, he releases and then the PO is finally released and approved.

With workflow we release Po manually through me29n, me28, with workflow the releases takes place through email.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii

Thanks for ur response .

In MM for what kind of scenario we will use work flow , for eg like PO and PR..??

Can you explaine me about the configuration for the same .

Thnaks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In MM we usually use workflow for PO release strategy. Once all the configration is done a mail will be triggered to the person who has to release the PO. He can see the PO from the link provided in mail and he can release the PO by clicking on F8 button in the mail.

Configration Steps

Step 1 : In PO release strategy configrations, first you have to set release codes relvant to workflow and then in the workflow assign each code a user.

Step 2 : In PFTC transaction use standard template 20000075 and do the agent assignment and then activate the workflow builder.

Now, once you create PO a mail will be triggered to the approver.

Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Workflow used in invoice posting also in MM. User can Park or save the invoice document .After that workflow will be triggerd to post/cancel /delete the invoice.

When different processor groups park and complete invoice documents, you can use this workflow that is predefined in the standard system. Use workflow template WS20001003. In Customizing for Materials Management under

Logistics Invoice Verification u2192 Document Parking u2192 Activate Workflow

Template for Document Completion, you can configure the workflow.

All users authorized to complete parked documents receive a work item in their inbox. The work item can be used to change parked documents.

The work item appears in the inbox of this employee until the parked invoice document has been completed, or until the invoice document is completed, deleted, or posted outside the workflow.

The workflow ends when a user in the "completion" processor group

• Saves the invoice as complete

• Deletes the invoice

• Posts the invoice

For more info refer http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/1d/ea9d9c7aca11d194b70000e82dec10/frameset.htm

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check this answered link:

Edited by: Afshad Irani on Jun 18, 2010 11:38 AM