cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppressing the creation of nteraction records when pressing END button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Web IC 7.0, when we use the button u201CENDu201D, the system is automatically creating an interaction record, which we donu2019t want to.

We already look to the BADI CRM_IC_IARECORD but it doesnu2019t meet our requirements since we cannot control it as we desire.

Is there another way to prevent this to happen? Could we create another Button ID similar to the u201CENDu201D? Could we create our own event?

Thanks,

Aubrey

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Muneeb,

I am not able to enahnce the view of component CRMCMP_IC_FRAME.

Is there any other way.

Regards,

Rohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Or another way is to add the button 'Clear Interaction' (it is standard) so the user can choose whether they want to create an interaction or not.

scott_ingram
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Aubrey,

Could you elaborate a little more?

What would you want to do with currently confirmed business partners?

What do you want to do with the transactions that have been created?

If you don't want it to end the current interaction, what do you want it to do?

Have you looked at the multiple account identification profile, new in CRM 7.0?

Thanks and regards,

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

The end user has not done anything yet with the current business partner and wants to clear the screen so that they can select another business partner. However, every time they click the End button, an interaction record is added to the account history.

We are looking for a way to end the interaction or clear the identification screen without an interaction record being created.

You are supposed to be able to do this with the BADI CRM_IC_IARECORD but it has not worked for us.

Kind regards,

Aubrey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Aubrey

Have you managed to find a solution for the problem as we are also struggling to do this.

many thanks

Muneeb

Former Member
0 Kudos

We created logic whereby the IR was created when a certain field was populated else nothing was created. In order to suppress the Interaction Record save, it was necessary to enhance the component with the u201CCancelu201D and u201CEnd Buttonsu201D:

Object(s) name CRMCMP_IC_FRAME/HiddenView

The htmlb_event->server_event that is handled by the view controller for the hidden view (ZL_CRMCMP_I_HIDDENVIEW_IMPL is the view controller) is u201CforwardCallu201D. So the handler method is EH_ONFORWARDCALL. This method was redefined.

If either the u201CCancelu201D or u201CEndu201D button is clicked, the same htmlb_event is raised u2013 u201CforwardCallu201D, so the handler handles the same event for both buttons. It differentiates between the two buttons by the value that is held in attribute param1-value when the handler method is called. If the u201CCancelu201D button was clicked, then the value of this field would be 'CancelInteractionRequest', otherwise if the u201CEndu201D button was clicked it would be 'InteractionEndRequest'. These names correspond to the internal CRM event names.

In order to effectively suppress the interaction record from saving it is necessary to perform the same logic that would be called by the event handler if the u201CCancelu201D button was pressed. In other words, if the user clicked the u201CEndu201D button, in order to suppress the interaction record the system needs to first execute the cancel logic and then the end logic. However, we donu2019t want to suppress the automatic save of the Interaction Record if the Interaction Record has been filled in and can tell if the interaction Record needs to be saved by the value in the u201Creason codeu201D field on the interaction record. So, the double step of first calling the u201CCancelu201D logic and then the regular u201CEndu201D logic must only occur if the u201Creason codeu201D on the Interaction Record is blank. This can be done for any fields..

former_member196079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muneeb

Your "guide" is very helpfull.

I done the step you suggest and it works fine...

but i've a question for you..

Where and how i can find the parameter REASON CODE??

Best regards

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Marco

if you have an email addy, i can send u much detail.

regards

Muneeb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi muneeb,

Very useful information...

I have also got the similar requirement to suppress interaction record creation when END button is clicked, if nothing is entered on the screen otherwise if reason code or text id is entered then it need to create the Interaction record, Could you please send some detailed information with all the components and views in which logic is to be triggered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you please post that information, or the document is too large send it by mail.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.