cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports not showing Master Data Information

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have created Crystal report in top of Bex Query, I have grouping on G/L Accounts like Cash, Inventory and so on and I have Key figure in the report. Now the issue is if there is no data in cube for some of this accounts, it is not showing in my Balance Sheet.

For Example I have created Grouping in My Balance Sheet Like this

Current Asset (Title) Cumulative Balance

Cash (grouping based on G/L accounts) 10

Short Term Investments (grouping based on G/L accounts) 10

Inventory (grouping based on G/L accounts) 10

Total Current Assets 30

But for example if there is no data in Cube for Cash then my Total for current assets is not calculating properly . here is the formula I am using for Total Current assets

whileprintingrecords;

numbervar a4;

numbervar b4;

numbervar c4;

if GroupName ({@Grouping}) = ['Cash'] then

a4:= Sum ({ZM_N_GL01_ZQ_N_ZM_N_GL01_05.M[Measures].[D8AVRDVZ0I8KVVKY8T428JZLS]M}, {@Grouping});

if GroupName ({@Grouping}) = ['Short Term Investments '] then

b4:=a4+ Sum ({ZM_N_GL01_ZQ_N_ZM_N_GL01_05.M[Measures].[D8AVRDVZ0I8KVVKY8T428JZLS]M}, {@Grouping});

if GroupName ({@Grouping}) = ['Inventory'] then

c4:= b4+ Sum ({ZM_N_GL01_ZQ_N_ZM_N_GL01_05.M[Measures].[D8AVRDVZ0I8KVVKY8T428JZLS]M}, {@Grouping});

Any work around to populate dummy data if there is not data in Cube?

Thanks,

Ravi

Edited by: SAPBO786 on Jun 24, 2010 12:53 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Crystal REports is always asking for NON EMPTY - means it will only show items that also have data in the cube. if you would like to change the behavior you could for example have a formula in the BEx query always showing "1" and use it as a measure in the report but hide it

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ingo for your reply, I didn't get, So If I create formula on what key figure or G/L A/c and what logic I need to Put. I would appreciate if you can explain me in detail.

Thanks,

Ravi

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to create a formula in the BEx Query so that there is always data

ingo

former_member192995
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

i created a formula with the value 1.

But in Crystal i doesn't receive the master data with these value 1.

Is there any other settings to do ?

I use CR Enterprise 14.1.5.1501

Thanks for your reply.

Simon

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am using Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.0 SP7 and facing the problem that my report which is based on bw query doesnt show master data. It only shows data from the cube. Even if I create a formula in query which always shows 1 and use it in crystal, I only see in my report booked values.

In my BW Query I have activated the checkbox for master data access. Why does Crystal not show mater data and how I can solve this?

Thanks very much.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finaly, I did some magic in Crystal and now it's working fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

Could you please tell us about that magic thing you have done?

I have the same problem and I have read that with SP 3 there is an option to "show empty data" in SAP configuration options, but in my system it doesn´t appear that possibility although it is SP3.

Thanks in advance

Azucena