Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while assigning Smartform in Sale Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

For taking the sale order printout, I do not want to create a SAP SCRIPT Form. So in NACE transaction, I have created one output type 'ZA01' and assigned a new Smartform to that output type.

Now, after adding this output type in Sale Order, when I am going to print the sale order using ZA01 output type system is giving error that WRITE_FORM is invalid, START_FORM is missing.

Please tell whether can we assign the Smartform to sale order or not. And if yes then how to correct the error.

Kind Regards,

Vishal

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Please suggest a solution.

Regards,

Vishal

0 Kudos

Yes. We can assign. But I am not sure why you getting that error. Check the table entry TNAPR for your output type. Whether script or smartform is assigned to your output type.

Regards,

Raghuraman.K

0 Kudos

Dear Raghu,

I have checked it. And the entry is present in that table. But this error is coming only when I am giving Smartform. But system is not giving any error when I am giving script form.

So the problem is only for SmartForm.

Regards,

Vishal

0 Kudos

Have you given the print program correctly? This is error comes when the form does not exist.

Make sure you have given the right form and print program. Looks like you have assigned the script print program.

Regards,

Sai Prasad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is because your Start_form is inside Loop at header. Endloop.

Try to implement

OPEN_FORM before start of the loops.

Before reading each header(this means after all the line items are read for previous header) put the START_FORM.

This should work.