Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add bulk of tcodes in S_TCODE manually

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to add around 5000 tcodes in S_TCODE object manually in order to avoid the Auth Objects. I have tried using SECATT, but its not working for me. It is just replacing the values from one single row, rather adding in the consequent rows. Is there any way to achieve this with minimal resource.

Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Karthik

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karthik,

Why are you trying to add tcode directly in S_TCODE?. SAP doen't recommed it,but instead you can add the tcode in role menu.

Its your duty to make the client understand,what is the best practise for creating the roles...

NOTE: CATT scripts will work upto menu level only.

Drawbacks:

When we make a change to the S_TCODE or any other object in a GWR authorization, the status of this object becomes CHANGED:

Changes should never be made directly to the S_TCODE object.Once the S_TCODE object gets into CHANGED status, T-Code deletions made in the menu path DO NOT override the T-Code value in S_TCODE. The T-Code doesnu2019t exist in the menu, but can be called because it still exists in S_TCODE.

The solution to this problem:

Always make T-Code additions/deletions from the menu path ONLY.

This is how the profile generator is designed to work. When you add the T-Code into the menu, SAP will bring in the necessary objects/values. The only exception here is when working on non-end user roles, roles used in Development and Integration that use ranges in S_TCODE.

When deleting T-Codes, check to see that S_TCODE is in STANDARD status. If it is in CHANGED status, take these steps to get S_TCODE back into STANDARD status:

Inactivate and delete the S_TCODE object using the trashcan.

Use the u201CExpert mode for profile generationu201D button to regenerate the role from the T-Code menu entries:

Check the u201CRead old status and merge with new datau201D button. This will merge the objects with an u201COldu201D status with new objects pulled in from the current SU24 configuration:

The S_TCODE object should now be in STANDARD status.

Maintain any yellow objects, merge, reorganize, save, and generate.

NOTE : SEARCH BEFORE YOU POST

Thanks,Sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi These kind of activities are normally done for support teams like configurators, developers , Basis , security etc.....

so that they dont have to lose time.

Assuming that its a role not bound for Production.

I would request you to do this identify the functional team you are working with find it belongs to which area on the sap menu

like office, cross application components, logistics, accounting, HR, IS or tools

You can insert them into the role using PFCG

User transaction PFCG

click on the Menu tab and use SAP MENU

insert the area you want to insert you can also add subnodes mix and match based on the need

then save , go and generate the profile.

Once you do this you will see most of the tcodes added in your S_tcode object automatically

you can write a lookup in excel to see what is difference you have between the list and what is sitting in the role

from there on it will be just add or delete exercise.

But this is not a role bound even for Quality system,

There is another way we can do but I need to know what exactly you are trying to achieve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Karthik,

Are you working for enabler role concept?

Even if you work for enabler role concept also. CATT scripts , LSMW & SHDO will wotk upto meny level only.

Best option is to add manually. That is by giving range.

As I said ealier its not a good practice. It all depends on your role methodlogy.

Thanks,Sri