cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

minimum order quantity

Former Member
0 Kudos

hei all,

i want to set minimum order quantity for material X. it's can be any variation, depending on agreement to cust.

let say: minimum qty : 10 PCS (price 1 PCS = 1$). when we create sales order, cust order just 5 PCS.

i want system show warning, and total amount in sales order will be (10 x 1$) 10$ not 5$

how we accomodate this req?

kindly request ur valuable input.

Best Regard,

Hendry

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

closed

Former Member
0 Kudos

heii all,

yes, i want minimum quantity depend on the customer. but you have to underline this one:

i want the price propose in sales order is PRICE * MIN QTY (even we order < than MON QTY)

eg: I have set min quantity for material A = 10 PCS, price for material A = 10$/PCS

then i make sales order for material A with qty: 5 PCS. the system will propose value in sales order = 100$

how we capture it?

Best Regard,

Hendry

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
how we capture it?

Instead of keep posting questions, please try the suggestion already proposed and update the forum still if you have any issue.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

hei Lakshmipathi,

I have tried the suggestion above, also ur suggestion. but it's not work as my requirement.

i tried to more elaborate my requirement as post above..

kindly give suggestion according to my requirement.

Best Regard,

Hendry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hendry,

It is not legal to charge 100$ for 5 pieces, where as the rate is 10$ per piece.

You also can not compel a customer to purchase the minimum number of quantities set by you. It may be a legal offense.

For your purpose, you can use "Minimu Order Quantity" field in the Material master or Customer-Material Info record, which ever is suitable.

If it is customer specific then you may choose Cust-Mat Info record.

Instead of "WARNING" you may set for "ERROR" message if the order quantities are below the minimum order quantities,

Beside this, if suitable for the requirement, you may use the "Minimumm Order Value" condition type AMIW, which is a statistical condition.

Regards

Pradyumna

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear pradyumna,

the minimum quantity is an agreement between our company and customer. in this case, we provide service, we have define in the beginning that customer has minimum service hour = 10 hour (not yet billed), when service has done, our maintenance staff will confirm actual service hour, let say 5 Hour. so based on the agreement, even they only use 5 hr, they have to paid for 10 hr service.

i'll try using cond type AMIW

best regard,

Hendry

ajitsingh6
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

In MM02 under SALES ORG1 you will find Field Min order qty mainatin it as 10 and in VK11 maintain your price as

per your requirement.

Regards

AJIT K SINGH

HAPPY TO HELP U

Former Member
0 Kudos

What the other Gurus said is correct if it is for all the Customers. From what i understand from your Question, you want different minimum quantity for different Customer according to the Agreements you enter with them. If this is the case, then see if the Customer Material Info Record is of any help, if not then you have to use a User Exit where your ABAPer should make a Z Table in which you will make entries in the combination of Customer - Material - Quantity.

Is this what you are looking for??

Happy SAPing !!

Venkat - Hyd

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to material master, select Sales: sales org.1 view tab. There you can see a field "Min.Ord.qty". Maintain 10 here and try to create a sale order for 5 pcs.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi