cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make invisible an ESS workset

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi...

I'm trying to customize ESS. One of the requisites is to hide some of the tabs like purchasing since we're not goint to use that.

I did the configuration in ECC so that it doesn't appear in the overview workset, but it is still showing like an option in the tabstrib.

I tried to copy the ESS role and deleting the workset from the role, but then pages doesn't work... I thought I could as a last resource set an invisibility property of the workset for the estandar role.

Anyway, what ca I do to hide those options from the tabstrib of ESS??

Thanks!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Bala, I know, that's why I also tried to copy the standar ESS role, but I couldn't put it on work.

That's also why I posted this question, I don't know what to do.

I'm reading again your answer...

Alejandro,
Removing worksets from second level navigation should be handled from role in portal
Please create custom areas in backend instead of making changes to standard one

Thanks
Bala Duvvuri

You say I should remove the workset from portal, ok, but from the estandar role? What will happen in the case of upgrade? How can I copy the role and make the necessary changes?

The piece of help I copied was from the ECC customizing (spro), so it wasn't really helpful.

Thanks a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alejandro,

you should create a copy of portal role and while creating the resource in the backend you should the PCD location of iviews in the custom role.

in the overview iview you should give the name z area group

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ready!!! I did it Finally!!!

I didn't know ('cause I didn't fully understand) which pcd location to put, put it was the same you can find in the page and iview inside the role.

But finally I followed your instructiosn.. thanks a lot for the answer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alejandro,

what is tabstrip is it second level navigation.

check this link on how ESS works

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b0e3a488-cdc2-2b10-209b-e01a0ed93...

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the answer. The document is very helpful.

What I had done was going to spro, to the following entry:

Personnel Management ->Employee Self-Service ->General Settings ->Homepage for Self-Services -> Areas -> Assign Areas to Area Group Pages -> Assign Areas to Area Group Pages (Add and Change Entries)

And introduced the following entries:

Area group key		Area key				Position
SAPDEFAULTESS_ERP2005	EMPLOYEE_CAREER_ERP2005			<blank>	   
SAPDEFAULTESS_ERP2005	EMPLOYEE_LIFEWORKEVENTS_ERP2005		<blank>	   
SAPDEFAULTESS_ERP2005	EMPLOYEE_PURCHASING_ERP2005		<blank>
SAPDEFAULTESS_ERP2005	EMPLOYEE_TRAVEL_ERP2005			<blank>	   
SAPDEFAULTESS_ERP2005	EMPLOYEE_WORKENVIRONMENT_ERP2005	<blank>

The documentation in spro says that by doing so (leaving position blank), the areas won't appear... and they really don't appear inside the overview, but they are still available in the tabstrip.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alejandro,

Removing worksets from second level navigation should be handled from role in portal

Please create custom areas in backend instead of making changes to standard one

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not changing the stardard entries... just modifying them through the second view... although spro documentation says I should change the standar:

Assign Areas to Area Group Pages
Use

In this IMG activity, you assign each area to an area group page and define its position.

Activities

If you want to hide an area on an area group page that has been delivered by SAP, proceed as follows:

1. Look up the relevant entry in the first view of this IMG activity.
2. Repeat this entry with position 0 in the second view of this IMG activity.

If you want to add your own areas to an area group page, 
enter the area group page in the second view of this 
IMG activity and assign your areas to it. 

This applies to area group pages delivered by SAP as well as your own area group pages.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alejandro,

You can change the standard one but when you upgrade you will lose all those changes

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri