cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which business objects do allow searching the associated file attachments?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello search experts,

SAP Note 1249465 - TREX 7.1: Installing TREX for Embedded Search states:

"Embedded search enables every SAP Business Suite application to search in a unified way inside its business objects (structured data) and associated file attachments (unstructured data)."

Is there a list of business objects where the search in the associated file attachments is supported? I'm specially interested in the SAP CRM business objects. But a list for SAP ERP and the other Business Suite components would be nice too.

Best regards

Gregor

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It seems that no SAP CRM Objects are enabled with the attachment search. Also the wording in Note 1249465 was changed:

"Embedded search enables SAP Business Suite application to search in an unified way inside its search-enabled business objects (structured data) and associated file attachments (unstructured data) - if the associated file attachment is enabled for Embedded Search as well."

former_member63752
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gregor,

I know this post is quite old but I am working on a project that needs enabling of free text search on the attached documents of SAP business objects. I have also looked at the note you have mentioned and am confused as to what it means.

Is enabling embedded search for file attachments not supported by SAP? or its just some extra setup that's needed in SAP and once its done, the embedded search will work for attachments?

thanks & regards

Ritwik

frank_friedrich
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

currently SAP oonly provids one pre-defined Search template for Embedded Search which as well is indexing the attached document. This is the document info record belonging to PLMWUI or the SAP application DMS. That's all.

But keep in mind that are the predefined once. You are free to implement your own search templates which are indexing other objects which has attached other documents like in CRM, Record Management and so on.

This works like with documents in DMS.

I know a few of this done own developed search templates like in SRM (SAP Record Management) where the documents are as well stored in the KPro layer like in DMS.

Best regards

Frank

gregorw
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ritwik,

for the Cycle 3 of Customer Connection for SAP CRM that was started last year this idea was submitted:

Integrate documents (attachments) into CRM embedded search

https://cw.sdn.sap.com/cw/ideas/10637

unfortunately this topic spans cross multiple software components. The development was started but got stuck. In the moment the status of this request is "Handed over - Already in development planning (Handed over to Product / CEI topic owner)". So let's hope we will see a standard solution sooner or later.

Best regards

Gregor