cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PR release strategy-ERROR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus,

I am trying to assign for PR rel strategy,i am getting this error.

Error in classification (class RP_XX class type 032)

Message no. ME179

Procedure

Please check the specified class or class type in Customizing for the release procedure.

What should be done

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Seems like you are applying classification view to a system which is not customizable.

You need to use tcode: CL20n/Cl24n to populate the classification view in case of system uncustomizable.

Edited by: Afshad Irani on Jul 6, 2010 1:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I forgot to transport the request.Now i am able to assign in CL24N.But when i go thro SPRO & click on classification it is giving the same error.I have created a PR,but the system is not picking the REL STG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to maintain the classification view only through Cl20n/cl24n. Once you maintain the characteristics there, then when you click on classification view, you can see the characteristics there and no error will be displayed.

Then when you create PR, your release strategy will come. Right now the classification view is empty and waiting for inputs through cl20n.

In CL24n, put in your class:032, then in class, put in PR class name, and click enter, you will see all release strategy/class listed, then click on one line will open a new tab below, there you maintain the characteristics for your classification view, and once saved your classification view of release strategy will be populated.

Edited by: Afshad Irani on Jul 6, 2010 1:51 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i done that but the rel stg tab is not seen in ME52N.When i goto ME54N for individual rel,the system is giving a msg the PR cannot be relBut when i try to convert to PO it is allowing to create PO.

I am not able to award points the radio button is missing what happened? any server problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once you assign the characteristics in Cl24n, did you check the classification tab, whether you can see the characteristics there in release strategy without getting an error. If no error, it means your classification tab is correctly filled.

Now create a new PR, and when you click the check button, it should display your release strategy, if not see what characteristic you are missing in your classification view, as usually the release strategy works in combination of characteristics applied in release strategy.

About points, apply it when you see the buttons.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Now working properly,assigned the wrong class.

Thanks for the input,for this question only i am not able to see the radio buttons

Former Member
0 Kudos

AH, a BIG LOOOOOSSSSS, LOL

Hopefully it will come back up soon.

CHEERS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check on it;-

pherasath

Former Member
0 Kudos