Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict Material type creation using MM01

joseph_chen5
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

We want to restrict some user's usage when access MM01 with limited material type. I have done below steps:

1. We hae a material type ZNBW

2. Create an authorization group ZNBW in SE54.

3. In OMS2, Assign Authorization group ZNBW to material type ZNBW ( I use the same name of material type and authorization

group).

4. Create a role which contain MM01

5. In authorizaiton object M_MATE_MAR, M_MATE_MAT, and M_MATE_VKO, assign only activity 01 and Authorization group

ZNBW.

6. Assign this role to testing user.

After above actions, the testing user is still able to create new materials of other material types, can anyone tell me what's wrong with my action? How can I do the MM01 restriction?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If there is no auth group on the other material types then the user will be able to create them. If the auth group is blank then there is no effective check performed.

You need to put auth groups on all the types that you want any kind of restricted access to and provide the corresponding sets of auths to the relevant users.

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If there is no auth group on the other material types then the user will be able to create them. If the auth group is blank then there is no effective check performed.

You need to put auth groups on all the types that you want any kind of restricted access to and provide the corresponding sets of auths to the relevant users.

0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

Thanks for your response. So you mean if I have 10 material types I need to assign each of them to an authorization group. After that I just can restrict some material types into users. if there is one material type which doesn't assign to an authorization group, this restriction will not effective, is that right?

0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

Your understanding is correct.

The Authorisation Group concept usually works on the principle that if there is no group against that item, the check for that object is not effective.

As Shekar pointed out, you don't have to create the auth group in SE54 as the field in OMS2 will allow any 4 chars. I prefer to create the groups but nothing forces you to.

0 Kudos

Hello Shekar and Alex,

Thank you for your information.

Cna you help to check my steps?

In SE54, I don't need to create authorization group for my purpose, right?

And in OMS2, I need to assign an aurhotirzation group for each material type and so that I can restrict the MM01 with material

types in authoirzation object M_MATE_MAR, MATEMAT, and M_MATE_WGR. Is that right?

0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

All you need to do for material type restriction is

1. Assign auth group in OMS2

2. Restrict M_MATE_MAR appropriately

3. Transport config & role changes

M_MATE_MAT & M_MATE_WRG are for material groups which is a different way of classification.

0 Kudos

>

>

> M_MATE_MAT & M_MATE_WRG are for material groups which is a different way of classification.

Thats a very interesting comment. Infact you pinned it perfect

there is a subtle difference in M_MATE_MAR and M_MATE_MAT,as you rightly pointed out

If we consider FInished goods as a Group of products that are "ready for sale" and if this is considered as group FGRP

you could also seggregation on materials that are finished products but have different attributes (it could be size, pattern or any other differences) - these are defined as material types. But these material types are still a sub set of the Finsihed Goods group

you can also have material groups created based on similar material attributes (all products that have a similar design pattern can be one material group, and this material group can be applicable to different group of products, this means a material group can belong to not only FGRP but also to FXXX)

Now, M_MATE_MAR will restrict on the material type you created (ZNBW)

As Alex mentions M_MATE_MAT would restrict on the product group under which you have the material type and M_MATE_WRG will restrict on the material group in which you prefer to have this material type

wow......took some effort to sort it right in my head

0 Kudos

Hello all,

I am so appreciate for your advice. After assign authorization group to all material types I can restrict MM01 authorization with limited material types as our purpose. Thank you very much.

0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

//I am so appreciate for your advice. After assign authorization group to all material types I can restrict MM01 authorization with limited material types as our purpose. Thank you very much.//

Can you please explain how the issue is resolved??

Regards

Praveen

0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

I have removed your e-mail address from your comment, as adding personal e-mail addresses is a violation against our rules of engagement.

I also notice that you added this comment to an old thread. Posting in older threads is not the best way to get guidance.

If you're looking for help, you should ask a new question: https://answers.sap.com/questions/ask.html.Here are some tips to help you craft an effective question for our community: https://community.sap.com/resources/questions-and-answers, https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/community-qa.html, https://groups.community.sap.com/t5/welcome-corner-discussions/advice-from-sap-champions-questions-a... encourage you to follow this guidance, as I'd really like to see you get a solution to your problem.I hope you find this advice useful!All the best,
Anne

Former Member
0 Kudos

> 2. Create an authorization group ZNBW in SE54.

> 3. In OMS2, Assign Authorization group ZNBW to material type ZNBW ( I use the same name of material type and authorization

> group).

step 2 is not needed, the authorization group defined in the material atrributes via OMS2 has no relation with the authorizations group created from SE54

> 5. In authorizaiton object M_MATE_MAR, M_MATE_MAT, and M_MATE_VKO, assign only activity 01 and Authorization group

> ZNBW.

M_MATE_MAT and M_MATE_MAR are fine, M_MATE_VKO does not have a restriction on the material type

> 6. Assign this role to testing user.

check all other roles in the test user

Edited by: Shekar.J on Jul 7, 2010 10:53 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

Pl. note i have tried all the above remedies to resolve my issue for the Material Type restriction but still facing issue.

Requirement : There are 5 material types and i want to allow the user for one material type only.

When user enter's the transaction mm01 then he should only able to create for the material type to which he is authorized ( the material type "XXXX" ) only. and not for the rest 4 material types.

But using the above steps i am unable to restrict.