cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow Hanging in between the Tasks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are having problem with the workflow which are hanging in between the tasks. Yes, it is in between the tasks.

the workflow structure have a fork with 4 braches, 3 out of 4 need to complete before the rest of workflow can contiune.

one branch is already reached the end point, however 2 of the branch are stuck, all the related tasks within these 2 branches are completed, however they could not reach the end point.....bascially in the log, it shows the last step are completed, but for some unknown reasons, it didnt reach the end point of the fork. I have checked the worfklow defintion, no more task are between this last step to the end of fork for both branch. (the fourth branch is for logical delete purpose). Current workflow status is 'In Progress'.

Surely we have some more steps after the fork, that why I cannot let this workflow terminate at this point. Also as it had already done a lot of master data change before, therefore I cannot simply restart the workflow from begin as well.

I have try to the following method without any sucess, do anyone have other suggestion?

1. SWPC

2. Change the workflow to Error status and restart (SWPR)

3. Execute all workflow runtime backjobs, ie. RSWWERRE, etc.

4. Update runtime buffer

5. Checked suspended workflow callbacks and deadline callbacks.

6. All methods mentions in OSS note 1098805.

Surely if you know how to terminate the FORK or in the table to force the FORK counter to reach 3, may be I can contiune this workflow. anyway, please help.

Thanks in advance,

Derek.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

A workflow can't get stuck between steps. I would look closely at the workflow log for the preceding steps, looking for errors.

As always, check SWU3 and do SWU_OBUF and look for shortdumps in ST22.

regards

Rick Bakker

Hanabi Technology

Former Member
0 Kudos

I wish I could attacht the word document for you guys to have a look, the workflow should not be stuck in between the tasks, (I believe so) but it is at the moment, look into the SWWIHEAD table all task are completed. but the fork for some reason didnt end, as in my orginal email...all method mention has tried and checked.

ST22, no dump

SWU_OBUF, refresh so many time,

Clear/Error/Enqueue report executed number of times.

What I didnt try was is to use the old way to relink the event? (all tasks within workflow are link up by internal events) it shouldnt need to do it, but may be I should try.

any other suggestion?

Regards,

Derek.

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You say it's a 3-out-of-4 fork; 2 branches are stuck and one branch is for a terminating event. Maybe it's waiting for the 3rd one?

How does it look in the graphical workflow log?

regards

Rick Bakker

Hanabi Technology

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rick,

Not really,

1. one branch is already reached the end point

2 and 3. Stuck (the last tasks were completed, no more task between them and the end fork)

4. termination event.

due to this client policy I cannot put up the image into some external site to show.

basically the graphic log is looked like...for both 2 and 3. the green arrows start from the last step on the branch, but stop in the middle. cannot reach the end of fork that point.

Look into definition, I can confirm that we have no more tasks there......

Derek.

Edited by: Derek Cheng on Jul 9, 2010 5:22 PM

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Derek,

I can only repeat what I've already said:

" I would look closely at the workflow log for the preceding steps, looking for errors."

Interesting problem, I hope you tell us when you find the solution.

regards

Rick Bakker

Hanabi Technoilogy

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not possible. I think you have to alltogether delete this workflow instance and ,manually complete the other task from SWO1 or trigger the workflow again which will require rework of approval step inside the fork.

Thanks

Arghadip