Kindly,can anyone pls give me the details from where the storage location is determined.I am getting a default storage location without any configuration for storage locations at the back end and I have not even added a plant to the customer.
Is it a possiblity default storage locatio is picked up from material master.Thank you.
- If storage location for picking is not specified in the order item, the system determines the storage location when it creates the outbound delivery and copies it into the delivery item. Otherwise, the storage location entered in the order item is used in the outbound delivery.
- The system determines the picking location based on a rule defined in the delivery type. The following rules are shipped in the standard system:
- MALA: The picking location is determined based on the shipping point, the delivering plant, and the storage condition for the material as defined in the material master.
- RETA and MARE: These rules are mainly used in trade scenarios.
- You can also use the customer exit in SAP enhancement V02V0002 to implement storage location determination.
- The picking location search is activated for each delivery item category.
Thanks & Regards
I rephrase my question again.Storage Location is been automatically determined by the system when I create sales order.Now if I have assigned mulitple storage location to a plant.So on what basis the system is bringing a particular storage location.I hope you got my question.I am not going at the delivery level.
Normally, Storage location is not determined in sales order
It is determined only in delivery.
So, the automatic Storage location determination in sales order is not a standard SAP functionality.
It should be done only through enhancement by using a userexit.
USEREXIT_SOURCE_DETERMINATION (MV45AFZB) could be used.
Please refer to note 387482.
Thanks & Regards