10 Replies Latest reply: Oct 13, 2011 1:32 PM by Ratish Rao RSS

Regarding RFC connection between SAP ECC and BI

chaitanya kumar singh
Currently Being Moderated

Hi all

actually i am trying to create RFC connection between my SAP ECC and BI system. when i am trying to connect my SAP ECC and SAP BI system through RSA1->source system->Right mouse click on SAP folder, there when i typed all required fill and pressed enter system showing the error " check the connection parameter for the source system". I have checked the parameters through SM51. It is "sapserver_DM0_01". now i can not proceed. please advise me

• Re: Regarding RFC connection between SAP ECC and BI
    ashwin kumar

Hi,

create an RFC destination on the local system for remote SAP system with which you want to communicate. In the RFC destination, you specify all the information necessary to log on to the remote system to execute functions remotely, including the host name, the user ID, the password, the client, the system number, and additional communication settings.

So after creating a new entry of type ABAP Connection (The ALE process uses type R/ 3 connections to communicate with a remote SAP system, and the EDI process uses type TCP/IP connections to communicate with the EDI subsystem), one is expected to fill in details in Technical tab. Fill the Target Host Id (this should be same as defined in r/3) and give System No. and IP Address of the target system

Chk have u done like that?

http://www.sap-img.com/business/rfc-connection-on-the-bw-side.htm

1.Go to SALE t-code,Create logical name for the ECC and BI system respectively.

(IDoc Interface / Application Link Enabling (ALE) -> Logical Systems -> Define Logical System.

2.Assign client number to logical system suppose if you are working under client 100 assign your logical sysetm name to an client 100.

(Assign Logical System to Client)

3.Create RFC connection: Create an RFC connection to the destination system by specifying the destination system in RFC destionation and give the user name and password in Logon setting.

4.Clieck on Remote logon it will remotly connects to BI system.It means that you have done an connection with BI System.

Creating an Outbound Partner Profile :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/48/cd3b46dd6837e3e10000000a42189d/content.htm

List of Profile Parameters :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/DE/c6/6f1741b393f26fe10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Profile Parameters SAP on IBM DB2 for i:

SAP on DB2 for i5/OS - Profile Parameters [original link is broken]

Manually creating partner profiles (WE20) :

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/wtxdoc/v8r2m0/index.jsp?topic=/com.ibm.websphere.dtx.packsapr3.doc/tasks/t_pack_sapr3_5_Manually_Creating_Partner_Profiles_WE20.htm

-Ashwin

chaitanya kumar singh

Dear Ashwin, THanks for the reply....i have done till your 4th step. when i am clicking on remote log on it connects my BI system remotly. But after that when i am going in the t-code RSA1->source system->SAP folder->create. There when i am giving all the information like available destination etc.....then when i am clicking ok system shows the error " check the connection parameter for the source system".......so plz advise me

ashwin kumar

Are you sure about your client details... IP address..and check the user name and pwd used to login ( given while creating RFC).

chaitanya kumar singh

Yes everything is correct. I have done RFC connection through SM59 in my SAP ECC system and then went to check connection test and went to remote log on till here every thing is fine. should i go to my BI server also and create the same RFC connection for my ECC system through SM59?....i have tryied this options also. the moment i entered my RFC destination and connection type "3" and then press enter, system shows "destination already created".....so please advise me what to do next?

ashwin kumar

Go to transaction RSA13 and right-click over the system you're having problems and choose "restore" (you probably need the password of the user, normally a basis task).

Also go to transaction we20 and under the partner type LS click on the system you're having problems and under classification make sure the status is "A" (active), if not change it to active.

Also make sure your basis team check in transaction we20 the outbound parameters and inbound parameters settings of that system.

And also in transaction rsa13 after the restore and we20 checking right-click on it and choose check. If it is OK, don't forget to right-click on it again and choose replicate datasources

Take help from here:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_bw/helpdata/en/80/1a60f1e07211d2acb80000e829fbfe/content.htm

Let see still if any

-Ashwin

Edited by: ashwin kumar on Jul 13, 2010 12:29 PM

ashwin kumar

Cross check all thse steps again:

Step1 :- BW side :- Create RFC Connection in SM59.

RFC destination name - Name should be logical system in r/3.

Connection type:- 3

1st tab technical settings

Target host :- IP address of r/3 server.

Sytem :03

2nd tab Logon/Security

Lang-En

Client-r/3 client no

user- r/3 user

Password - r/3 password.

Step 2:- R/3 same procedure SM59

RFC destination name - Name should be logical system in bw.

Connection type:- 0

1st tab technical settings

Target host :- IP address of r/3 server.

Sytem :03

2nd tab Logon/Security

Lang-En

Client-bw client no

user- bw user

Password - bw password.

Step 3 :- spro -> select img -> biw->links to other sytems -> links between r/3 and bw

create ALE user in S.S -> select bwaleremote -> back

Step 4 :- In bw

su01

username BWREMOTE

profiles S_BI_WHM_RFC

S_BI_WX_RFC

Save.

Step 5 :- In R/3

su01

username ALEREMOTE

profiles S_BI_WHM_RFC

S_BI_WX_RFC

Save

Step 6 :- In R/3

Create RFC user

su01

user RFCUser create

usertype system

pwd 1234

profiles SAP_ALL

SAP_NEW

S_BI_WX_RFC

Step7:-

RSA1

se16

Table RSAMIN enter default client in the field ?BWMANDT RZ10

Step8 :- In bw

su01

user RFCUser create

usertype system

pwd 1234

profiles SAP_ALL

SAP_NEW

S_BI_WHM_RFC

Step9 :- In bw

RSA1 - Source system -> create

RFC destination

Target system host name of r/3

SID:

System no

Source system ALEREMOTE

pwd

BAckgroung user :BWREMOTE

PWD:

In addition to abovet you have to make few changes in SE03 in source system, extract from help.sap.com:

As a rule, system changes are not permitted in productive systems. Connecting a system as a source system to a BI system or connecting a BI system to a new source system will, however, mean changes as far as the system change option is concerned. Make the following settings in the source system to ensure that the following changes are valid in the relevant clients of the systems when connecting the source system.

u2022 Cross-client Customizing and repository changes

In the Implementation Guide under SAP NetWeaver ® SAP Business Information Warehouse ® Links to Other Systems ® General Connection Settings ® Assign Logical System to Client, select the relevant clients under Goto ® Details.

In the Cross-Client Object Changes field, choose the Changes to Repository and Cross-Client Customizing Allowed option.

u2022 Changes to the software components Local Developments (LOCAL)

-Ashwin

• Re: Regarding RFC connection between SAP BI and J2ee server
      Ratish Rao

Hi ashwin,

can you please tell me how to create the rfc connection between the SAP BW and Java Server. I should be able to send the data to java server and send the modified data to SAP BW.

Please suggest me the solution for this.

Actions