cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to copy Queries in Bex between two InfoCubes

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have to copy two queries in between two info cubes which have different structure,we cannot able to use the RSZC.what is the procedure.

Message was edited by: srinivas gande

Message was edited by: srinivas gande

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gianfranco,Siegfried,

Thank you for your time and Sugetions

Thanks&Regards

srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

please don't forget to assign some points by clickin'on the stars to the contributors that helped you !!!

All the best,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

unfortunately there is no possibility to do what you want. I would recommend, that you save your 'to be copied' query as a new query and delete all objects used in the query that are not part of your target infoprovider. Then use RSZC to copy your new query.

regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siggi, GFV

I have a question. So then, we need to have two identical cubes, with same structure/chars/dims in order to copy queries from 1 cube to another? this is what I gather from your discussion. Is it true?

Pls let me know when you get a chance.

Regards,

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

with this function you can copy queries and their sub-objects (structures, calculated key figures and restricted key figures) between different InfoCubes.

So, the target InfoCube, that is, the InfoCube of the query copies, must contain all the InfoObjects of the source InfoCube (InfoCube of the original queries).

Hope now is clearer.

Bye,

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Roberto,

yes its clear, thank You.

Bye Reddy

GFV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm afraid there's no standard solution if IC are different ...

There's a workaroud: define 2nd IC as a copy of 1st IC. Copy your queries with RSZC, and then modify 2nd IC. Otherwise you could paly with a 3rd IC:

Define 3rd IC as a copy os 1st IC. Copy ... then modify 3rd as 2nd and then copy once again from 3rd to 2nd.

Hope it helps

GFV