cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change display rules - portal inaccessible

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts!!

I copied the default framework and in the display rules redirected the portal in every case to that copy. Then, by mistake, I deleted the framework, making the portal inaccessible. Is it possible to change the display rule again from any other way?

Thanks a lot !!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

benjamin_houttuin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You could try the following: instead of /irj/portal type /irj/portal/light in your url.

If you are lucky the light framework page is in your ruleset.

If this doesn't work you could try:

http://<host>.<domain>:<port>/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.portal.pcd.admintools.pcd_inspe...

This will bring you in the PCD inspector tool that will help you to locate and change the object in RAW modus.

So please be carfull and be aware that all objects including folders are named by there technical name.

Good luck!

Benjamin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, but it didn't work... the light version I'm sure it's not in the ruleset... and the other one raises an exception:

Portal runtime error.

An exception occurred while processing your request. Send the exception ID to your portal administrator.

Exception ID: 01:48_14/07/10_0050_11848750

Refer to the log file for details about this exception.

benjamin_houttuin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A sorry, that is because you need to be authenticated first otherwise it throws this exception.

Therefore try this:

http://<host>.<domain>:<port>/logon/logonServlet?redirectURL=/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap...

this must work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ahhhh ok!!

I got into the portal content... Now I'm trying to change the rule definition. So, I went to portal_content/administrator/super_admin/main_rules and edited the attribute com.sapportals.portal.resolving.rules.xml, writing

<CONDITIONS version="1.0"><IF value="User==*"><RETURN name="PORTAL_DESKTOP" value="pcd:portal_content/every_user/general/defaultDesktop"/></IF></CONDITIONS>

But it still tries to get the new framework and not the default one... Am I missing something?

benjamin_houttuin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you deleted the Frameworkpage then editing the Ruleset is not helping.

Via the PCD Inspector you should go to the Desktop object and edit that. I guess that the Desktop object still tries to address the Framework that you deleted.

Hopefully this does the trick.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It worked!!! Thanks a lot for it !!

Answers (0)