cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WM physical inventory and serial numbers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

I have WM active and serialized materials. When performing an LX16 count and count less than what's supposed to be in the bin, I get an error in LI21 stating:

Maintain serial numbers for total quantity

Message no. M7175

Diagnosis

For this material, serial number management is active.

In the case of a goods movement, you have to maintain a serial number

for each individual part.

Example:

When entering a goods receipt of 5 pieces of a given material, you must

enter 5 serial numbers for this item.

Procedure

Maintain the individual serial numbers.

I cant find any place where to enter the serial numbers. Is this supported by SAP?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos
matthias_hbner2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had the same problem last year.

My solution:

Instead of using LI21 you can use MB1A and movement type 711/712 (standard) [-> Check reference to WM-movement type].

So you can enter the serialnumber which are missing...

greetings

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Thanks for the suggestions. BADI LE_WM_INV_WM_IM also offers a solution. It contains sample coding and after activating this, you can see an additional columns in which you can enter the serial numbers. It is not a 1-on-1 copy, it needs little additional ABAP.

Thanks,

MZ

Former Member
0 Kudos

you do nto need to enter serial numbers while clearing inventory at WM level but at IM in case you have the serial profile activated then you need to enter serial numbers when clearing inventory from the IM level.

according to what you have said it should automatically pop up a screen where you need o enter the serial numbers but this is weird it is not doing.

Please check the following:-

Does the serial number profile config in OIS2 have "MMSL" as a property and if so is entry of serial numbers mandatory during goods receipt and issue ad if there is a stock check active