cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change server in SAP B1 8.8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have a problem in using SAP B1 8.8. I have 2 separated server which is one is contain license server and the other server contain database company. My client doesn't want the company database in one server with license server. In SAP B1 2007 that my client used before, this is not a problem. But now, in SAP B1 8.8, it's become a problem because SAP remove "CHANGE SERVER" button in modul change company. I tried to click in the server list but the server that appear is License Server only. I can't find Database Server.

So, How can i choose the database server ?

Pls help

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure whether the question is still actual, but in case someone else would like to switch between license server in SAP Business One Client, we have developed a small wrapper that will help you to do it.

Please try the free version of the application from our web site:

Skybuffer SBO LogonPad (version 0.2)

That's a kind of solution that is not recommended to be used in production environment, but could be very helpful and fast way to jump between different license servers for SAPB1 consultants.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Delete the following file: \Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One\Conf\b1-local-machine.xml

Restart SAP Business One client, then you will be able to select license server.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to your Server Tools, select the License Manager and click on Settings.

Bottom Left is a new button called Configure Security

Enter your B1SiteUser details

This will then give you the option to change the server.

If Computername\SQLEXPRESS fails to get you any closer try .\SQLEXPRESS (note the full stop at the front). Normally this is the Server you put in when logging into SAP on the database server and the client you put Computername\SQLEXPRESS.

Hope it helps you.

Regards.

ShriX.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Naidu,

I try to click configure Security and entry my password in B1Siteuser. After I click, it's direct me to Connection Setting. There is some field that i need to entry

DB TYPE = MSSQL 2005

DB SERVER = i try to entry my database server name

user and password

After I entry in all fields, and click add, it's show error Failed to set db credentials server:XXXXXXX, error -1102

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you checked the username and password you're using for SQL in the SQL Management Studio. If you can connect to SQL Express with SQL Server Authentication then you shoudl be able to connect to B1.

The other possibility I can think of from your description is the UAC in Windows 7 (and Vista) (let me know if you are using Windows 7 or Vista). Your admin password may not necessarily have access to SQL. Maybe do some reading on this?

Otherwise, We'll need more detail of the steps you went through (and where you got to) to assist.

Good luck, and let me know if I can helf further.

Regards.

ShriX.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Naidu

I tried but I still can't change the server. I change the server in the "Configure Security" option and the License Server but the application still shows the original server.

former_member330926
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

before you can add your <server-name>\SQLEXPRESS you must have your SBO-COMMON database available in SQL Server.

If you have the original SBO-COMMON.mdf and SBO-COMMON_log.LDF files just place them under you SQL Server DATA folder (e.g. C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL10_50.SQLEXPRESS\MSSQL\DATA) and Attach from MS SQL Server Management Studio.

Also attach any company databases.

After that you can add <server-name>\SQLEXPRESS as follows:

- open SAP B1 Service Manager

- select License Manager service and click Settings

- click Configure Security (bottom left)

- enter password and click OK

- enter your Connection Settings e.g.

MSSQL_2008

<server-name>\SQLEXPRESS

sa

<sa-user-password>

- click OK

That will take care of the connection settings but not of your Add-ons registration.

So if you have any add-ons (e.g. Screen Painter, Fixed Assets, etc.) you will have to manually edit the AddOnsLocalRegistration.sbo file (under C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One) and change any

Name="<server-name>" entries to Name="<server-name>\SQLEXPRESS"

Save the modified file.

Now start the SAP client, press Change Company and set you Current Server to <server-name>\SQLEXPRESS

Done.