cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SCS Stopped in SAP MC for PI 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am facing a strange issue. I have a PI 7.1 with EHP1 system. When I checked the Sap Management console, the SCS instance is showing me as stopped. Earlier I thought that it may be an issue with the SAP MC but that is not the case.

I checked the available.log of the SCS instance and the instance is unavailable from last 4 days. Both ABAP as well as Java is working fine. What are the consequences of SCS being in stopped state?

I searched the SDN for some solution before posting this thread. I found a thread which says something about krnlreg entries in PI 7.1 installation. As per that thread I commented the line which had the krnlreg entry in instance profile and took a restart of the system. However the SCS is still in stopped state.

Kindly help me to resolve this issue. <removed_by_moderator>

Regards

Mitesh

• Read the "Rules of Engagement" and don NOT write in Bold

Edited by: Juan Reyes on Jul 20, 2010 9:25 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Restarted the entire box and now SCS is showing as started...

Thanks for your help....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michael,

The PI 7.1 is a dual stack system. So there is only one message server and one enque server.

Why does it show two enque processes with the same PID when I fire that command?

Also I dont understand that if SCS is stopped how come the ABAP and Java are functioning properly.

Do let me know if you need more info from my side.

Regards

Mitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

The PI 7.1 is a dual stack system. So there is only one message server and one enque server.

Nope, you have the message/enqueue server of the DVEBMGS instance for the abap stack and you have the SCS message/enqueue server for the java stack.

Why does it show two enque processes with the same PID when I fire that command?

It doesn't show two processes, it is the same process. These are two different file handles.

Also I dont understand that if SCS is stopped how come the ABAP and Java are functioning properly.

The error "Thr 01 *** ERROR => Another application is listening on this port or another instance of the enqueue server is already running. I exit now. " says that there is already something on that port and the lsof shows that there is indeed a process running.

Is it possible to stop the whole system, check if all processes are terminated and try to start again? Maybe even restart the whole server?

Cheers Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your prompt response.

I fired the command you gave me and below is the output of that command:

lsof -i tcp:3201

lsof: WARNING: compiled for AIX version 5.3.0.0; this is 6.1.0.0.

In while loop:256

Value of I :81 np:256

COMMAND PID USER FD TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE NAME

jstart 229732 dx1adm 97u IPv4 0xf10007002e5e3bb0 0t0 TCP js240dev04.na.sysco.net:35767->dx1cen00.na.sysco.net:cpq-tasksmart (ESTABLISHED)

enserver 954646 dx1adm 26u IPv4 0xf1000700285aa3b0 0t0 TCP *:cpq-tasksmart (LISTEN)

enserver 954646 dx1adm 33u IPv4 0xf100070027dcfbb0 0t30083048 TCP dx1cen00.na.sysco.net:cpq-tasksmart->js240dev04.na.sysco.net:35767 (ESTABLISHED)

Can you help me in understanding the output of this command. I can two enque server processes with same PID.

Regards

Mitesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

enserver 954646 dx1adm 26u IPv4 0xf1000700285aa3b0 0t0 TCP *:cpq-tasksmart (LISTEN)

So this is the process that is listening on 3201 aka sapdp01 aka cpq-tasksmart.

The process id is 954646 (well i am not an AIX guy, so i don't know about the pslot stuff). You should check to what instance this enserver process belongs. You can see the pid in the enq_srv file, in /usr/sap/DX1/DVEBMGS<instnr>/work

It is either the abap enqueue server, or the java scs enqueue.

What is the instance number of the abap instance?

Cheers Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Below is the log of dev_enqsrv_new of my PI system:

-

trc file: "dev_enqsrv_new", trc level: 1, release: "711"

-

sysno 01

sid DX1

systemid 324 (IBM RS/6000 with AIX)

relno 7110

patchlevel 0

patchno 81

intno 20020600

make multithreaded, Unicode, 64 bit, optimized

pid 663734

[Thr 01] Tue Jul 20 04:25:41 2010

[Thr 01] profile /usr/sap/DX1/SYS/profile/DX1_SCS01_dx1cen00

[Thr 01] hostname js240dev04

[Thr 01] *** ERROR => Listen failed on port/service sapdp01 [enservglob.c 1350]

[Thr 01] *** ERROR => Another application is listening on this port or another instance of the enqueue server is already running. I exit now. [enservglob.c 1351]

Kindly suggest.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well i just learned, that for a scs instance, the enqueue process does in fact use the 32<instnr> port. This port is normally used by the SAP abap dispatcher, also known as sapdp<instnr>

So your SCS instance has 01 as instance number, but another process already took the sapdp01 port. Please try this command (on some OS you need to be root):

root# lsof -i tcp:3201

This will show which process is listening on sapdp01

Cheers Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check defaultTrace log file.

It might helps you.