cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action Create Transport Request of type Source Systems is cancelled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing a the above mentioned problem when craeting a CR.

The Error message is Action Create Transport Request in system XXX 110 of type Source Systems has been cancelled

I know that this is a known error, but in my case it acts atrange.

we have defined 4 flows , 3 system , 5 system and 2 system flows......

the same user was able to create TR nad Release TR in 3 system and 5 system flows....but not in 2 system alone....

if it is some missing suthorization means it should not work for all rite.....

I dunno where exactly the problem is.

Also if i give s_tmw_create authorization in the development system....it is working fine....

but we should not give that authorization .....Am stuck in here.

Kindly guide on how to go about.

Thanks,

Subhashini.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Subhashini,

i see where your misunderstanding is coming from:

- Developers should have the right to create tasks and transport requests in each DEV system they are suposed to work in !

- the way we make sure they do not create transport requests in the dev system directly (without using solman) is thanks to the CTS SWITCH functionnality

This switch is automatically set in order to forbid creating of TR (for a specific Solman Project) in DEV system direclty

you can take a look to this : http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm70ehp1_sp23/helpdata/en/d3/33da4105aa3f5de10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

The other way of changing values of status switch is in TR SPRO_ADMIN in Dev system (go to last tab and click on CTS Switch button...)

PS: The only thing we did for now is checking that people cannnot create TR in DEV system for a certain project. Thanks to TR SE03 (in DEV SYST) we can force people to fill attribute PROJECT for each tr created ! (button 'Display/Change Request Attributes' of TR SE03)

Combinaison of those 2 functionnalities is what makes TR creation from Solman MANDATORY

Hope my explanations were clear enough and that you understand better how its supposed to work !

Let me know if you need more explanations

Regards

Khalil

Edited by: Khalil SERRHINI on Jul 21, 2010 5:36 PM

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khalil,

Thanks ... Now got the point....

I gave given the authorization now and working fine....

Thanks for your inputs.

Regards,

Subhashini.

jorge_velasquez
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got the same issue, please tell me wich authorizations you gave?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khalil,

Thank u so much for your reply....

will check in the system and update you....

thanks,

Subhashini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Khalil,

when i see the task plan for the mentioned activity it says, You are not authorized to release requests or tasks

same applies for creation of TR also.

Tasks can be released with authorization S_CTS_DEVELO. To release requests, you require the authorization S_CTS_PROJEC

this s_cts_projec is part of authorization s_transprt......also if i give s_tmw_create for the developer id in development client

error are not coming....but in actual practise..TR should not be created from development system na.....

if the same developer can create and relase TR in the same development client why in this alone...totally confused...

pls help on how to proceed further....

Thanks,

Subhashini.

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Subhashini,

i see better now. Could you please check that there is no more info that could help in tasklist of maintenance cycle that has only 2 systems and also in transaction SLG1 for object /TMWFLOW/CMSCV

Regards

Khalil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kahlil,

Currently we are performing unit testing with test users......so we are using different clients of the sandbox system....

for all the three flows...same slient is acting as the development system...

same RFc...same user that is why i got so much confused on the missing authorization....

kindly suggest how can we drill down to the problem and find a solution.

Thanks,]

Subhashini.

khalil_serrhini
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Subashini,

if in other configs user doesn t have the authorization that you do not want to give and that as you said it seems to be an authorization problem:

Can u please make sure that RFCs used for the 3 configs are the same especially the user used for communication (that might explain how some checks pass for 2 first devs and not for the 3rd one)

Hope this helps

Regards

Khalil