cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goods issue in past date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I notice that i can issue more than the available quantity of a material in past date. The material i issued had 15 PCS at 5/6/2010 and 30 PCS at 11/6/2010. I issued 18 PCS with posting date 6/6/2010. Then i issued the rest but i couldn't issue more than 30 PCS.

Is this standard SAP functionality or it can be customized ?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if negative stock is allowed for that plant and storage location then you can inssue more quantity than the available qty.

If the mm posting periods are open you can do postings with past date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers.

Negative stocks are not allowed in our customizing . I also want to know if there is any customizing or customer exit to stop posting if issue quantity at posting date is not available at that date .

Thanks again

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when doing goods issue then SAP checks only if you have enough stock available in the period (month) that you used for posting. it does not calculate the availability for the day, as this would have dramatic impact on system performance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks !

i got it.

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to MB5B stock on date and check for the available stock on that particular date & same stock you can issue in back date which is restricated to only one month as SAP standard in MM and if you ahve set allow in back date tick then only it will allow.

If you wish to issue more then the available stock then you ahve to set negative stock tick in configuration which will allow to issue more then the availabe stock.