Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving average price and COPA

former_member200240
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

We have direct ship process and the material master is set with Price control V. Our objective is not to do standard cost estimate as it is a trading org. However the values from Sales module at the time of billing is to reach COPA value fields. When we try to release the billing document to accounting, the following error appears:

"In COPA system tried to valuate a line item using current Standard cost estimate. The system looks for material cost estimate using costing key ZDA."

Please note that we have many co codes in the same operating concern and all of them use the same costing key ZDA which is "Current standard cost estimate acc to entry in Material master". All of them want Standard cost estimate to be done except this case. Also the material type is common and is assigned to Costing Key ZDA. I understand because of that it is looking for that. My specific questions are:

How to do specific settings with respect to this plant/co code? (We have not set the Plant assignment to Valuation variant).

What settings are required in Material master?

How does the costing take place when goods are issued to customer and which field it will update in Material master?

What plant/co code settings are possible in COPA to avoid the system looking at ZDA.

Your early reply is appreciated

Thanks & Regards

S Jayaram

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you dont want system to read costing key zda then you need to maintain separate mataerial type (which would not be assigned to costing key, in copa configuration).

There are two types of costings that you can perform, whether cost estimate in controlling or sale order costing at the time of sale order. if you want to perform sale order costing (which your current scenario look like) then you need to assign this specific material type to costing key of "sale order level costing".

Regards

former_member200240
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I am afraid we cannot have a new material type for this. For the purpose of updating in COPA the material price, I understand that there is user exit in COPA for substitution of material price instead of using Std cost estimate or conditions. Anyone used that and how it works?

Thanks & Regards

S Jayaram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe you should check documentation of user exit COPA0002, hopefully, your issue will be resolved