Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to assign a single role to all the 700 bi users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have created a new roles, which needs to be assigned to all the users in the BI. I have teh list of users but i need to copy all of them manually and assign that users with this role!!

Is there any way in which i can use any abap programs/ function module were in i can assign this single role too all the list of users in the bi system!!

Thanks

Pooja

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to use transaction code SU10 for mass user changes.

Goto Su10 --->>> copy all users(use authorization data tab) and paste.Then goto roles tab and assign new role, click on save.

4 REPLIES 4

mvoros
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you are looking for SU10.

Cheers

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to use transaction code SU10 for mass user changes.

Goto Su10 --->>> copy all users(use authorization data tab) and paste.Then goto roles tab and assign new role, click on save.

0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

I guess you are lookign for way to upload the list of 700 users into transaction Su10 instead of copying and pasting them manually (which will need many manual copy pastes since the number of users which can be pasted into SAP in one shot will be limted to 10-20).

There is a way to upload all 700 into SU10 transaction in a few clicks. Please follow the below steps:

1.Get the list of all 700 users in say excel or notepad. Copy all 700 users ids (copy entire column in excel using Cntrl+C)

2. Login to system and go to SU10 tcode.

3. Click on 'Authorization data" tab in SU10

4. In next page you will see a tab called "User" --> select the arrow exactly to the right side for multiple selection.

5. In new window; there is an icon for "Upload from clipboard"(second last icon in bottom of window). Click on it and you will have the list of 700 users uploaded into SAP. In next window click on "select all" and "transfer"

Now go into change mode in SU10 and paste the role to be added under tab "roles".

Get back if you face any issues.

Soumya

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.