cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOE -Portal Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

our requirement is to configure Integration between BOE XI R3.1 - sp2 to EP 7.

our backend system is Sap BI 7.0 .

Crystal reports , webI reports ,Dashboards are built in BO using the data from BW system.

Now we need to configure SSO inorder to have BOE - EP integration.

The user format in Portal and BW system are different .Portal has LDAP users where as the BW system has users in different format.

Now we are planning to create user alias in CMC so that we can group the Portal user and the BW user.

Can you please through some light on the below questions.

1. Download the verify.der file from portal and upload in the BW System.

as the user format is different will the logon ticket be validated ??

will the user alias created in CMC take care of this ??

Should we have portal users in BOE or BW users ??

Thanks & Regards,

Swetha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

take a look here:

Portal Part 1

/people/ingo.hilgefort/blog/2010/03/29/sap-businessobjects-enterprise-sap-enterprise-portal--part-1-of-4

Portal Part 2

/people/ingo.hilgefort/blog/2010/03/30/sap-businessobjects-enterprise-sap-enterprise-portal-part-2-of-4

Portal Part 3

/people/ingo.hilgefort/blog/2010/04/08/sap-businessobjects-enterprise-sap-enterprise-portal--part-3-of-4

Portal Part 4

/people/ingo.hilgefort/blog/2010/04/21/sap-businessobjects-enterprise-and-sap-enterprise-portal--part-4-of-4

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

Let me thank you for your wonderful blogs.

Actually i was referring your blogs only , But my problem here is the User format in Portal and BO system are same .

But where as the same user is represented in a different format in SAP BW .

How to overcome this in order to establish a SSO in this Scenario...

Thanks,

Swetha.

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swetha,

when you mention the user format you mean the actual user name ?

You would basically configure the portal to provide a SSO token and you need the portal and BW configured as trusted systems.

on the BOE Server configure the SAP Authentication, import the roles.

Then you should be able to have an iView pointing at the report.

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo ,

Sorry for the delayed response.

The user format being different is , the same user is represented in different ways in different system.

for ex

In system1 -- user 1 --is represented as firstName lastname

In System 2 --user 1 -- is represented with his empid firstname

So how can we configure logon tickets when the users are not represented uniformly in both the systems.

Aslo could you please help me in understanding the user alias configuring in CMC which would leverage the mapping of users who are represented differently in different systems.

I am just consolidating the steps which we are planning to do ..please guide/suggest on this.

So from portal a logon ticket is being generated --which would be passed to BO (user format in portal and BO being the same ).

SAP authentication is configured in BO .

Now user alias is configured in BO CMC which maps the users from BO and portal

ie map the user1 from portal to User1 in BW .

now my question is will the logon ticket generated by the portal still be valid after this User alias.

thanks,

Swetha.

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you would configure the SAP Authentication and you have to import the SAP users from the underlying source system into the BusinessObjects system.

The portal would then issue a logon token and the user is getting authenticated against the BOE system.

In terms of user aliasing I would suggest you take a look at the adminstration guide for the BusinessObjects system as that is not something for a "2 line" explanation.

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ingo,

just a question about your solution.

What about if the Users on Enterprise Portal and BW System aren't the same ? We can use EP User Mapping ?

I had configured SAP Authentication, imported SAP BW Users and Roles on BO System and configured User Mapping on Enterprise Portal (all of this for an OpenDocument iView on the EP) but the OpenDocument iView asks for user/password.

Any idea ?

Regards.

Albert

Answers (0)