cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error/Short Dump in Purchasing POWL screen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I'm getting a short dump on accessing the Purchasing POWL.

+The following error text was processed in the system SR7 : Exception condition "TYPE_NOT_FOUND" raised.+

+The error occurred on the application server SAPSRM7_SR7_00 and in the work process 0 .+

+The termination type was: RABAX_STATE+

+The ABAP call stack was:+

+Method: DESCRIBE_BY_NAME of program CL_ABAP_TYPEDESCR=============CP+

I debugged and found that the system is experiencing a short dump when the value of the variable pname is /SAPSRM/S_SEARCHFIELDS-ZZ_REMARK in the method CL_ABAP_TYPEDESCR-DESCRIBE_BY_NAME

system-call describe administration

mode 'N' of p_name into admin_tab_line-xtype crc admin_tab_line-kind.

I'm not sure from where this value is being fetched.

I checked all the structures and feeder classes to see if this customer field was added to any of them, but it is not.

Also, there aren't any enhancement's in the webdynpro component.

Please let me know your insights.

Thanks much.....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

Did you check the Result structures of the feeder classes if there are any custom fields added to them.

For Ex :For shopping cart header , the result structure is '/SAPSRM/S_POWL_RESULT_SC' in which we can add custom fields (INCL_EEW_PD_SEARCH_HDR_CSF_SC).

Did u have a look in there?

Regards

Lavanya

Edited by: LAVANYA CHAVA on Aug 11, 2010 4:07 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is a custom field called zz_remark, which is showing in the dump. Check whether it is properly activated in the structure.

or check meta data level....

Abdul Raheem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your suggestions, Lavanya & Abdul.

I did check all those enhancement structures, but there is no hint of the field ZZ_Remark.

And another thing that I found later was that this purchasing POWL was working correctly when I logged in with a different user id. I did a role match of both the user ids that we used but still the problem wasn't resolved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack,

The CUF ZZ_Remark was existing when user defined the query and later on it might have been deleted.

Delete the cached queries using the report POWL_D01 for that User and try to run it again.

Give it a try..

Regards

Lavanya