cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR2010 Beta 2: Uninstall then reinstall

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a problem, i uninstalled the CR for VS2010 beta 2 product then tried to reinstall, and i get the message "Cannot install product to c:\program files... This product is not compatible with existing installation"

I experienced that in a win 7, 64 bits computer and also exactly the same thing in a win 2008 32 bit server.

How can I reinstall the product? I've done this in an attempt to solve a "Load Report Failed" error.

Thanks in advance for the quick response

Roy Ava

PS. By the way, i have spotted just 1 similar post but apparently the solution is not related to my problem.

Edited by: RoyAv1 on Aug 1, 2010 12:10 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had the same error message as you got when I tried to reinstall Crystal reports for Visual Studio 2010 Beta 2 after the installation failed to install with the error 'Failed to update cache for executition. Program will exit' Still trying to solve this one.

I deleted the directory 'C:\Program Files\SAP BusinessObjects' and the error message you described then didn't appear.

0 Kudos

Do either of you have other CR products installed? If so you'll have to possibly un-install those also.

Try doing a repair install of VS 2010 before installing Beta 2.

Word of warning, don't install Beta's on product development PC's. Use VM-ware images.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the quick response,

I will try this.

Regards.

Roy

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have the same problem and i un-install the older version and repair VS 2010 and nothings changed...

what else can i do??

thanks

Stephane

0 Kudos

Hi Stephane,

Have a look in the install log folder and see if it indicates what errored and then try to correct it.

If you have un-installed then go into the Program folders and just delete the SAP folder.

I'm assuming you don't have any other CR product installed.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thank you. it's working.

Stephane

Former Member
0 Kudos

another thing...

when i triy to open my report, i have the following error

Impossible de charger le fichier ou l'assembly 'file:///C:Program FilesSAP BusinessObjectsSAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0win32_x86dotnet1crdb_adoplus.dll' ou une de ses dépendances. Le fichier spécifié est introuvable.

so i tried to create this directory and copy the file from C:Program FilesSAP BusinessObjectsSAP BusinessObjects Enterprise XI 4.0win32_x86 in it and then i have this error...

L'assembly en mode mixte est créé avec la version 'v2.0.50727' du runtime et ne peut pas être chargé dans le runtime 4.0 sans d'autres informations de configuration.

is it possible to download just the content of the dotnet1 directory

thenk you

Stephane

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok

sorry i didn't check enough. i just found the answer on another post.

thanks anyway

Stephane

Answers (0)