cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New movement type ??

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Some body can explain with their own experience in creating and using new movement types in SAP system

In any implemention thos who had done new movement type configuration expalin me ??

What will be business need to go new Movement type instead using standard M.T??

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MM group,

Let me calrify on creation of new movt type which as per the business requirement

You have to go to OMJJ copy any standard movrt type which is as per your business requirement and rename with Z**

The need of creating new movt type will require would like to give ex as below

I f business wants to know the returanable and No returnable material status through report then how SAP standard will provide this info hence have to copy 541 & 542 and rename then in report if you can enter the movt type can have the info of returnable material status in the similer way if returanable material then copy 201 ( k) & 202 ( k) which can be issued to cost cnter the sent it out sude as non returnable material then it will also can be traced by report as non returanable material. Hope this clear.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii

Thanks for ur response .

If business wants to know the returanable and No returnable material status through report then how SAP standard will provide this info hence have to copy 541 & 542 and rename then in report if you can enter the movt type can have the info of returnable material status in the similer way if returanable material then copy 201 ( k) & 202 ( k) which can be issued to cost cnter the sent it out sude as non returnable material then it will also can be traced by report as non returanable material.

As above said , we can use same 541 and 542 & 201 k and 202 k ??

Y we need new copying the existing one , we can get a report using above movement types ??

Pls explain me in more detial..

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Usually standard movement types are used. Creation of new movement type occurs when new scenario's are required, i.e. we had one scenario where shortages needed to be adjusted, so copy of 551 was made and named as shortages, basically when you copy a movement type, all the other movements i.e. 551 K etc are also copied along, then its upto you to leave them or delete the additional ones and just leave 551 named as shortages.

Another scenario can be when material is given and received on loan, so movement type 501 is copied for material received on loan, and 502 is copied for material issue on loan and so on.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii

Thanks for your explanation ,

can u explain me for whhich category of industry that u done new movement type for receive and given on loan??

Another scenario can be when material is given and received on loan, so movement type 501 is copied for material received on loan, and 502 is copied for material issue on loan and so on.???

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> hii

>

> Thanks for your explanation ,

>

> can u explain me for whhich category of industry that u done new movement type for receive and given on loan??

>

> Another scenario can be when material is given and received on loan, so movement type 501 is copied for material received on loan, and 502 is copied for material issue on loan and so on.???

>

> Thanks

This scenario is developed in pharmaceutical industry and usually used in manufacturing industries as well, basically if the other factory is nearby they loan the raw material or give material on loan, if needs arises for smooth processing of their supply chain.

Edited by: Afshad Irani on Aug 4, 2010 2:16 PM

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check on it:-

pherasath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Steps To Create New Movement Types in SAP MM

How to create movement types? What are the steps involved? When will you recommend a new movement type?

Companies may request a new movement type to differentiate between the inventory posting transaction. For example, 551 scrap movement type. Some company may request to have it as 551 for Internal Scrap and Z51 for External Scrap.

Copy, Change Movement Types

Assuming I want to create another movement type Z01.

Transaction OMJJ

Select the standard movement type 201

Click copy, then overwrite the 201 with Z01

Click the Enter button, then click Copy all

Select the new movement type Z01

On the left hand column screen, click Reversal/follow-on movement

Fill in the reversal movement type

For the rest of the options, you can leave it alone or change it depending on your requirement

pherasath

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

New movement type can be cretetd in t.code: OMJJ by coping from std. one.

Why new movement type needed?

Example:Some time, Business need a material need to send to a project but only quantity need to be updated not value.

In that case you can craete a new MT coping from 221 (for project) to NEW MT 921( which allow only quantity need to be uploaded not value) .In same way you copy 222MT to New 922MT( which allow only quantity need to be updated not value) .This new movment type creation can be used for stock integration & stock Re- integration business needs.

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don't forget IM/WM mapping for movement types, if you have WM active.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In addition to what Mr. Shubham suggest, you can activate the field (optional/mandatory/display) using field selection enjoy option in T code OMJJ.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Creation of Movement Types (OMJJ) - Classification key indicating the type of material movement (for example,

goods receipt, goods issue, physical stock transfer).

The movement type enables the system to find predefined posting rules determining how the accounts of the financial accounting system (stock and consumption accounts) are to be posted and how the stock fields in the material master record are to be updated.

Path: IMG u2013 Material Management - Inventory Management and Physical Inventory - Movement types - Copy, Change Movement types (OMJJ). Then choose field selection Movt. type from 101 u2013 910, select any one copy and edit the same.

Regards,

Mani