cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Copy and Batch Jobs

laurie_mcginley
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm planning on doing a refresh of our QAS client, using PRD client (remote copy at this point).

I would like to know if the jobs that are setup in the QAS client will be removed/replaced by the client copy from PRD? And will those jobs that are in the PRD client, be copied to the QAS client.

Thanks

Laurie McGinley

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

would like to know if the jobs that are setup in the QAS client will be removed/replaced by the client copy from PRD? And will those jobs that are in the PRD client, be copied to the QAS client.

The answer is NO. A client copy copies only client Specific Data & Configurations. And the Batch Job Definitions are Client independent

Regards,

Sanujit

laurie_mcginley
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank-you both for your quick replies. Your answers were quite helpful. I will go ahead and finish planning for the client copy.

Laurie

Former Member
0 Kudos

And will those jobs that are in the PRD client, be copied to the QAS client.

No they will not be copied. I just did Remote copy last week creating a new client and the jobs in PRD were not copied to that client.

I would like to know if the jobs that are setup in the QAS client will be removed/replaced by the client copy from PRD

So I guess its safe to assume that the current job definition would not be overwritten. The only thing that I can think of might be affected are your job variants which might not work based on the config. copy.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naveed